Leaker......update......going back a 3rd time!!!!!!!!!

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:'(
Has anyone else had this happen?
Well, I took my AT Pro out to the lake today for the first time.(used a lot on land just not water until today.) I found......nothing. The detector started going crazy. I had hard core non stop noise. I thought, I would drop the sensitivity and reground balance when I noticed a line on my screen. Every sound and id was ringing all at once. I turned the power off and it never turned on again. At first I thought the screen somehow cracked, but whatever it is, it is on the inside and was not there when it entered the water. :dontknow: :'( I am hoping Garett will take care of me. Monday, now seems so far away. Wish me luck.

Attachments

• leaker.jpg
    leaker.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,053

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Leaker......

xmarks73 said:
:'(
Has anyone else had this happen?
Well, I took my AT Pro out to the lake today for the first time.(used a lot on land just not water until today.) I found......nothing. The detector started going crazy. I had hard core non stop noise. I thought, I would drop the sensitivity and reground balance when I noticed a line on my screen. Every sound and id was ringing all at once. I turned the power off and it never turned on again. At first I thought the screen somehow cracked, but whatever it is, it is on the inside and was not there when it entered the water. :dontknow: :'( I am hoping Garett will take care of me. Monday, now seems so far away. Wish me luck.
Hope that Garrett does good for you.......They have very good co. service............ That AT Pro just has one problem after another............ They fixed the noise problem in mine.......... But knock on wood i have yet to take it in to the water...

Attachments

• 892-98.gif
    892-98.gif
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,004
  • 892-98.gif
    892-98.gif
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,009

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Garrett "WILL" look after you. Give them a call on Monday....

Attachments

• contact-r6_c15.jpg
    contact-r6_c15.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 995

zincmaster

Mar 8, 2011
col. ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick draw 2 and at pro

wow that sucks :'( how deep was the water you were in? garrett has great customer service, :headbang: hope you get it back soon.

OP
OP
xmarks73

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, I am bummed it happened. I really wanted to hit the lake today. Naturally you worry until you hear from them, that everything will be OK, but I hear Garrett Customer Service is 2nd to none. I am sure everything will be fine though. I still have my Etrac so, I can land hunt, but I would much rather use my AT. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
xmarks73

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

zincmaster said:
wow that sucks :'( how deep was the water you were in? garrett has great customer service, :headbang: hope you get it back soon.
Just a lil over waist deep in fresh water. I'm sure you are right. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
xmarks73

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John-Edmonton said:
Garrett "WILL" look after you. Give them a call on Monday....
Thanks John,

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

xmarks73 said:
Yeah, I am bummed it happened. I really wanted to hit the lake today. Naturally you worry until you hear from them, that everything will be OK, but I hear Garrett Customer Service is 2nd to none. I am sure everything will be fine though. I still have my Etrac so, I can land hunt, but I would much rather use my AT. :icon_thumleft:

O no..... A new AT Pro problem for us AT Pro owners to think about,,,,,,, :icon_scratch:,,,,,, :icon_scratch:
Let us know what they say what went wrong with your unit .

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Garret will take care of it. They are outstanding. No worries!

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

OH NO.

That sucks. Hoping yours was an isolated incident.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had my AT PRO, the second on they sent me, in the water this morning. It worked like they said it would. I was finding stuff left and right, no leaks, funny noises pops or pig squeals. Found no gold and only a junk ring which was about a foot down in hard packed sand.

Only problem I had with is at every signal I was looking at the screen for the numbers. I am not used to that much info. I felt it slowed me up and took away some of the fun of being surprised. Will I use it again, Heck yeah!!

Garrett does great customer service and will make everything Perfect. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
xmarks73

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well Garrett's customer service really is no joke. I got my AT back yesterday. Garrett only had it a few days before fixing it and shipping it back. They are super fast and extremely friendly. Gonna take it out for a swim this afternoon. Hopefully the only surprised today will be a gold ring! ;D

OP
OP
xmarks73

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Leaker......update.

ok, I'm back. It was not the best day to hit Lake Erie. Had huge waves today. lol. Was a lot of fun to swim in but got beat around to much to metal detect. I only have a hand scoop right now so, it was almost impossible to hunt. I did manage to nail down my 1st water find though. I got a 67 quarter.
I was pretty happy. The Pro ran great, no leaks and everything sounds as it should. No falsing, no signal jumps, just did exactly what it was suppose to do. :headbang:

Thanks Garrett! :icon_thumleft:

Kayaker

Dec 27, 2010
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

xmarks73 said:
ok, I'm back. It was not the best day to hit Lake Erie. Had huge waves today. lol. Was a lot of fun to swim in but got beat around to much to metal detect. I only have a hand scoop right now so, it was almost impossible to hunt. I did manage to nail down my 1st water find though. I got a 67 quarter.
I was pretty happy. The Pro ran great, no leaks and everything sounds as it should. No falsing, no signal jumps, just did exactly what it was suppose to do. :headbang:

Thanks Garrett! :icon_thumleft:

Good to hear it's working great. Any idea what they fixed? It'd be interesting to know if they've modified anything from the original parts... like different seals or whatever.

Must811

Feb 20, 2006
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

My AT Pro leaked as well. I sent it back to Garrett and they replaced the main board and also the coil (don't know why on that, but not complaining). The turnaround was 10 days......from the day I put it in the mail until it showed up on my doorstep.....so 6 days of that was the US mail.

Unfortunately, I only got to use the AT Pro twice since then. On the second time out in water, on start up the unit locked up. The touchpad is totally not responsive, and there is no audio and no response to targets. I have to remove the batteries to turn it off. Already been on the phone to Garrett and it is going back again.

Still not thinking I made a mistake buying it though (yet)...it is a helluva machine when it runs. Luckily, I have my Excal to fall back on.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

xmarks... I hope it keeps working for you...............When i get mine back this time ..And it is working great......... I just might sell it...... I shipped it in 12 days ago.............. still waiting to get it back...... Man O man.... these AT Pros have the problems.........

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Did they happen to say what happened to cause the leak ??????? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
xmarks73

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No, there was no reason giving why it leaked. They replaced my coil also, Must811. I don't know why they did, but I have not had any falsing issues since and pro mode makes sense now. I never used it before because it was non stop noise and I thought I just didn't understand it. I think it may have been the coil. Standard mode always worked well though. I hope it stays working great because it truly is a beast on land. I have pulled a few firsts that I had missed with the ace 250 and the Etrac. One location was one of those hunted out one room school houses that sets at a local park. You know every hunter in driving distance has hit that at least once.
Keppy, how many times have you sent yours in? What problems have you had? You cam pm me if you want. I'm curious to what happened and what I may need to watch for.
Kayaker, There was no indication to mod-ed seals or anything. I should have probably asked, but I was just happy it was back.

The invoice reads.....

1. repair
2. labor charges
3. PCB ASSY AT PRO US SPARE KIT
4. Spacer keypad M120
5. coil 8.5 " DD AT
6. Trowel Digging Metal
7. Shipping and Handling- Domestic

OP
OP
xmarks73

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to send my ATP back a 2nd time because the pin point option failed. It would hum at the same level when the button was pressed and the audio would not increase or decrease, no matter how close an item was to it. The visual blocks would not appear and move either. I got it back last week and with summer coming to an end here in Michigan I headed to the lake today.

:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Can anyone guess what happened next? Anyone? Yep It leaked! Two leaks and a pin point fail. I am so sick of this! This will be a total of $51.00 in shipping charges to send it back. I always pay extra for insurance because you just never know what COULD happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread