ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allen, You''ve got many more posts than I but we need more info. Are you talking about beach saltwater sand or what. What were your settings? When was the last time you cleaned out your coil cover. Did your buddy Tom tape a washer on the bottom of your coil? :laughing7:

OP
OP
allen

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was sand in a volleyball court in a park.
The rest of the day was great with me finding
over $5 in clad, just the volleyball court gave
me a problem.
I thought maybe the sand somehow may have
interfered with my signals, considerering Tom
walked behind me and found things my Ace 250
never gave me a signal on.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's interesting because I've been consistently skunked on sand volleyball courts too - I mean, usually nothing at all. I think I have found one or two pieces of junk and that's it. But, in sand tot-lots I find a lot of coins, fake and sterling jewelry, toys and one unfired .40 pistol round.

On dry sand beaches, I find a lot of targets. On the wet beach I dial back on the sensitivity if i get too many false. I also use it in the saltwater if there is no surf, but I may have to null the nickel slot.

It falses too much when there are waves to be usable.

I found a very small silver ring recently in the wet sand and it was probably 6" deep. Very small silver ringsread like a pull-tab on my Ace. I've found 2 like that.

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
I'd go out with your friend AGAIN...

and follow him as he hunts. Let him find it first and see if you can read it (of course before he digs it). You may be able to adjust the sensitivity until you machine does read it. Is he 1. going slower 2. keeping his coil parallel to the ground 3. keeping his coil ON the ground 4. overlaping his coil strokes, etc.

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
I hunted in sand this past Monday for 2 hours and found 1 silver ring and 53 coins. Used Jewelry setting and sensitivity about 50%. You might want to double check you connections, if they are tight then send it back to Garret, they will test it and return it to you. I have never dealt with a better company for customer service and pride of workmanship, good luck and please don't give up on the 250

OP
OP
allen

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shoot no im not giving up on my yellow buddy !
Maybe my friend just had more patience than me,
cause I know in this hobby you have to have it,
and its something I need to learn.
Thanks for replying :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread