Garrett Guys Went Back To Their Roots With Great Finds! (long)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
jbbench.jpg

Met for breakfast at Subway....much better then those golden arches. We had the same old discussion...."where should we hunt?" Well, why not go to some places we hunted over 15 years ago. Surely, will our detector upgrades and learned experiences, we should find some goodies. So, off we headed to get back to our roots. :) As as the pic shows, this site had potential.

jbdimesrabbiesetc.jpg

My buddy using his GTI 1500 got a pile of loot and these finds. He got the most silver today. And what a surprise he got as shown below.

jbsilverdollar1500.jpg

The lucky fellow got a silver dollar in great condition. They are a real rare find up here, as they were never put in circulation, but hoarded. He proceeded to lay down in the grass and do the worm dance, a common dance when we find an extra-ordinary find :thumbs

jgatpall.jpg

Here's my portion of the day using the AT Pro. Not bad considering it's been hunted before.
Garrett Guys Went Back To Their Roots With Great Finds! :gr (long)
jbwatch.jpg

Here's my best find of the day....a nice old pocket watch. It was down about 5" and gave a mixed high-low signal, with the high numbers reading in the 80's. A definite target to be further explored.

jbwheatsquaterchine.jpg

Here's the remaining finds, the better keepers. What a great day! But after about 7 hours of hunting, our knees were letting us know we should call it a day. :)

Attachments

• SOME PRIZE.jpg
    SOME PRIZE.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 215
  • SOME PRIZE.jpg
    SOME PRIZE.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 222

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Super finds and the silver dollar is a sweet find!Subway over m.d's anyday.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John, You have the best posts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread