ID Help

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another coin hunter was on the beach with me on Monday. He had a Garrett detector that had a Crossfire coil and the control box had two Disc controls and an audio knob. There was a trigger switch for changing from one disc to the other. Obviously, an older model but it look like a nice one. Anyway, he had problems trying to use the detector and was asking for my help. I really couldn't help him remove all the "noise" as he swept the coil. My F70 over the same spot was much quieter. #1 can anyone tell me the model of detector he was using #2 is there a trick for detectors that don't have ground balancing control(s)?

Thanks in advance.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a garrett like this in the late 80's ...... It was a freedom 2 coin commander..... I think the freedom 3 was set up the same way............. the instruction manual is on Garretts web site... I made my best finds with that detector..

Attachments

• garret-top.jpg
    garret-top.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 139
  • garret-top.jpg
    garret-top.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 146
OP
OP
N2CU

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy,

It looked very much like that but no Ground Elimination control or toggle switch for depth.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
N2CU said:
Keppy,

It looked very much like that but no Ground Elimination control or toggle switch for depth.
N2CU /.... I had no toggle switch on mine either.......

OP
OP
N2CU

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a Freedom 3. Two disc knobs, threshold and detection depth knobs. There is a "manual" on the Garrett website but it really is quite vague. Then again how much could there be for a simple detector?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread