Garrett Offering At Pro Circuit Board Replacement?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
There are no recent changes or new software on the AT Pro electronic circuit board that will be upgraded or replaced...... I doubt very much that either Garrett or any other company building electronic components would suddenly make drastic changes/improvements 8 months into the release of a product, then suggest everybody to send theirs in for an upgrade plus pay for shipping. If there were any great improvements, they would either be available as an upgrade, but probably be saved for new models down the road. Garrett is always involved with research & development. You have to be these days to stay in business and remain competitive. Garrett has done an excellent job as always dealing with some issues on some units early in the release of the AT Pro.

However, on the plus side, Garrett has heard suggestions from some customers that they prefer cam locks and a longer cuff extension. Now everyone comes in different shapes and sizes, so the extended cuff extention is not for everyone. The cam locks are prefered by some, while others complain that over time they seize up. So it looks like Garrett has made available the oppurtunity to get the cam locks and or the cuff extention. And at a reasonable price from what has been quoted from a poster. The official upgrade and cost has not been released, so standby to see what materializes. Garrett has always given excellent customer service and have always backed up their products. If you have issues with your electronics not working, by all means have it repaired under warranty.

John

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I haven't seen Garrett's option on a cuff extension. I got a "Garrett Gizmo" aftermarket extension on eBay or Amazon, I forget which. I like it. It puts the cuff back near my elbow and changes the balance so that the detector actually feels lighter after adding it.

I enjoy my AT-Pro, but I would have preferred not to pay an extra $35 for a proper fit. I'd have rather put it toward a Garrett headphone adapter fixer kit.

Hey, wait a minute . . . ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread