GOT THE AT PRO UPGRADE AWESOME !!!!!!!

DIRTDOCTOR

Greenie
Dec 4, 2008
I took the AT PRO in to Garrett for the upgrade Friday July 22 . Sue met me in the front lobby at 9:30 and took it back to the tech for the upgrade. She told me it would be ready after lunch,so I decided to go for a short hunt at a park nearby. I used the Garrett Freedom Ace Plus that I had them completely redo .Did good =$3.00 in clad.- Ate lunch and got call -AT PRO upgrade was done. I got back to Garrett , AT PRO was ready . They did upgrade =extended S rod , upper rod + camlocks + new oring seal and faceplate +checked detector for $39.95 + tax and 2 year warranty .THANKS GARRETT for great service. I took the AT PRO out sunday . I like the better balance with the extended S rod and NO WOBBLE with the extended upper rod and camlocks. WORKS GREAT!!!! THANKS , DIRTDOCTOR

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Dang, the special price is only through Dec? The ground is barely frozen here then. Maybe I should send it in the heat of August?

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hoping someone would chime in about the upgrade!

What kind of camlocks are the using?

I go up to Garland often (from Tyler)...I didn't think about drop off and pickup....hell, Id like to take a factory tour while they do the upgrade. Do they have a showroom where you can fondle the product line?

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Hi AT Pro folks,

I just got one and bought it from Kellyco.

I called and chatted with Garrett in TX. They are very nice people.

I think it is a bit complicated as I am a beginner at MD.

Wish the face plate was much larger and that they had a back light for the display.... but this machine has much if not all I was looking for.

Just have to learn how to use it.

I was hoping the chatroom was up as I wanted to talk about it with people and of MD in general.

Needle

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold_Needle said:
Hi AT Pro folks,

I just got one and bought it from Kellyco.

I called and chatted with Garrett in TX. They are very nice people.

I think it is a bit complicated as I am a beginner at MD.

Wish the face plate was much larger and that they had a back light for the display.... but this machine has much if not all I was looking for.

Just have to learn how to use it.

I was hoping the chatroom was up as I wanted to talk about it with people and of MD in general.

Needle

We don't need no stinking chat! Just kidding Needle. Fire away, ask a question about tecting or your pro or whatever. We are here to help. Your concerns at this time are not with your machine. You need to learn tectin in general. The atpro is busy, so it is not an ideal machine to learn with. It's a tough row to hoe all alone.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
DIRTDOCTOR said:
I took the AT PRO in to Garrett for the upgrade Friday July 22 . Sue met me in the front lobby at 9:30 and took it back to the tech for the upgrade. She told me it would be ready after lunch,so I decided to go for a short hunt at a park nearby. I used the Garrett Freedom Ace Plus that I had them completely redo .Did good =$3.00 in clad.- Ate lunch and got call -AT PRO upgrade was done. I got back to Garrett , AT PRO was ready . They did upgrade =extended S rod , upper rod + camlocks + new oring seal and faceplate +checked detector for $39.95 + tax and 2 year warranty .THANKS GARRETT for great service. I took the AT PRO out sunday . I like the better balance with the extended S rod and NO WOBBLE with the extended upper rod and camlocks. WORKS GREAT!!!! THANKS , DIRTDOCTOR

Doctor, mine's off first snow. I think it is well worth the price, just to have for re-sale value. The upgrade is a mechanical upgrade first and foremost. Having said that, all machines will get the stamp of approval for performance too. Gotta love Garrett.

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Well first off what is Notch?

I am thinking that the best thing to start is just use standard mode like an Ace 250 from what I have read about that standard mode. Once I learn that then play with the other things.

Needle :coffee2: :read2:

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gold_Needle said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Well first off what is Notch?

I am thinking that the best thing to start is just use standard mode like an Ace 250 from what I have read about that standard mode. Once I learn that then play with the other things.

Needle :coffee2: :read2:
Notch is "Notch Descrimination". Certain metallic items, such as foil, can pull tabs and other trashy items can be notch descriminated out to where you don't get a signal. Until you learn the machine well, don't do it. You need to learn what certain signals are, so dig every signal you get to start with. Pay attention to the sound it makes mostly, but also look at the VDI numbers and the ID scale, but DON'T TRUST THE INFO ON THE SCREEN, it will lie to you... (None of them are perfect, regardless of brand, how you learn is to dig it all.)

As you said, put it in standard, coin or zero mode and go at it. Adjust the Iron Discriminate up to about 35, this will elliminate most iron trash, such as nails. Expect to dig lots of trash, but the more you learn, the better you'll be and then you can "descriminate" out the foil and bottlecaps by sound alone in the PRO, Zero mode.

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Hi Dwight,

Thank you for the advice and the info about Notch.

I will try it out on the beach as it is near and easy digging.

I will just do Standard mode and you suggested and set the iron discrim at 35 and dig all targets.

Good idea about listening and learning to what the machine makes as a sound for the items it is finding.

Needle

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where can I find info on the upgrade? Also, my machine was prchase just a few months ago, has there been new performance upgrades since then?

I was concerned about all the "wobble" comments while reading reviews for the ATP but then I received mine and it's never been an issue, not once. I just went to check again since reading this thread and I realized something... mine doesn't wobble because I'm only 5'6" and use a shorter machine. ;D

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
WIT said:
Where can I find info on the upgrade? Also, my machine was prchase just a few months ago, has there been new performance upgrades since then?

I was concerned about all the "wobble" comments while reading reviews for the ATP but then I received mine and it's never been an issue, not once. I just went to check again since reading this thread and I realized something... mine doesn't wobble because I'm only 5'6" and use a shorter machine. ;D

Click on this link:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,412286.0.html

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John-Edmonton said:
WIT said:

Click on this link:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,412286.0.html

Thanks.

I don't think I need anything done to mine. As I mentioned earlier, my machine doesn't wobble since it's shorter. Also, I'm wondering if mine already has the revised S tube since my armrest hits just below my elbow where it should be.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gold_Needle said:
Hi Dwight,

Thank you for the advice and the info about Notch.

I will try it out on the beach as it is near and easy digging.

I will just do Standard mode and you suggested and set the iron discrim at 35 and dig all targets.

Good idea about listening and learning to what the machine makes as a sound for the items it is finding.

Needle

You are welcome.
Also, if you get a high tone that the VDI number bounces around a bit (10 number difference or so), turn on the Iron Audio and listen closely for a low/high/low tone. This will most likely be a bottlecap, but dig it to be learn. After digging several, you'll learn the low/high/low tone and know its a cap...
I personally don't leave Iron Audio on while I detect, it drives me nuts... I do use it in an attempt to verify bottlecaps, and sometimes I get fooled by them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions