questions about my AT PRO

tincansam

Jun 7, 2011
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in these pictures you can see underneath unit by the screws are these slits kinda look like maybee air holes and also on top &

bottom of the machine where you unscrew battery cap are 2 more, my question is water will get into these places when

submerged should i worry ? or run a piece of tape over it or silicone or not to worry ? , also where the battery cap goes into

the machine their is still a small space will water go in threw their or how can i get that a little tighter ? , and around the rubber

seals in their should i put a little extra dielectric silicone greese ? , i know probably dumb questions i just want to better

understand my new machine. i got it yesterday and only could go in the yard i found 20c right away and played with some

jewerly to see vdi. im pumped up over this thing can't wait to master it. any advice much apreciated

thanks cracker

Attachments

• at pro 003.JPG
    at pro 003.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 262
  • at pro 004.JPG
    at pro 004.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 270
  • at pro 005.JPG
    at pro 005.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 269
  • at pro 007.JPG
    at pro 007.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 270
  • at pro 006.JPG
    at pro 006.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 260
  • at pro 002.JPG
    at pro 002.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 264

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The slots on the bottom are the speaker holes. If you look closely with a flashlight, you'll see the speaker cone. The speaker is waterproof.

The slots at the battery compartment are the slots for the battery cover. If you'll look at the battery cover plug, you'll notice the silicone 0-ring gasket is beyond the slots. When you twist the cover closed, it pushes the gasket tight, hopefully making everything waterproof.

Putting tape over anything really won't make a difference. If there is a way in, water will find it. Tape is only going to slow it down, slightly....

Hey, the way I see it... You've got a new & improved AT Pro with a 2-year warrranty. Get out there and use it, submerge it, see how it does. If it fails, that's why you have the warranty.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dwight S said:
The slots on the bottom are the speaker holes. If you look closely with a flashlight, you'll see the speaker cone. The speaker is waterproof.

The slots at the battery compartment are the slots for the battery cover. If you'll look at the battery cover plug, you'll notice the silicone 0-ring gasket is beyond the slots. When you twist the cover closed, it pushes the gasket tight, hopefully making everything waterproof.

Putting tape over anything really won't make a difference. If there is a way in, water will find it. Tape is only going to slow it down, slightly....

Hey, the way I see it... You've got a new & improved AT Pro with a 2-year warrranty. Get out there and use it, submerge it, see how it does. If it fails, that's why you have the warranty.
Dwight is right. Put it underwater and dont worry about it. Mine leaked after 4 months of heavy use and it only cost me 10 dollars and 10 days to get it back. The first time I took it out after repairs I had it underwater for 10 hours straight, no problems. I dont worry about it, the gold it has found for me far out weighs the problems.

OP
OP
T

tincansam

Jun 7, 2011
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks !!!, i took it out today twice , i just want to know more about it and you guys answered my questions, yeah im nervous, i

spent every dime i had right now on it and i guess i was worried about if i had to send it back how much it would cost and even

my broke ass can come up with ten bucks to send it back for some reason i thought it be way more. im very happy with it just

cant wait to master it

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my AT Pro a few weeks ago and found some very helpful advice on some videos that are on the Garrett AT Pro site. Check out all of them on that site and watch how the experts use them.
My only issue I have is getting enough time to go out and find stuff, but when I do get out I do find the goodies. :icon_thumright:
ZDD

OP
OP
T

tincansam

Jun 7, 2011
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zodiacdiverdave said:
I got my AT Pro a few weeks ago and found some very helpful advice on some videos that are on the Garrett AT Pro site. Check out all of them on that site and watch how the experts use them.
My only issue I have is getting enough time to go out and find stuff, but when I do get out I do find the goodies. :icon_thumright:
ZDD

i know what your talking about, i couldnt go out today.my seahunter was a no brainer when it found metal it just scream's. im

reading at pro owners manual to learn all i can & i'll check out those video''s

as we'll thanks !!!! :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread