Got My First Musket Ball And Bird Band For The Year Today In The Woods

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
My buddy Scott gave me a call last night, and teased me with the possibility of doing a woods hunt today. Well, having been known to never turn such a welcomed opportunity down, I met up with him this after noon. No silver today, however did break into the 40's, just not dimes or quarters. I got my first musket ball of the year. It was down a couple of inches on a hillside. A short will later, a high tone got me this bird band. U.A. probably stands for university of Alberta, which happens to be in Edmonton. It should be fairly easy to pass the number over to them. On the way home, I stopped at a soccer field at a grade school. I got a dollar coin and a whack of pennies.

One more day off, then back to work for another 6 days straight. :(

Attachments

• muskey ball.jpg
    muskey ball.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 191
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Bev said:
Go to this site and they'll mail you a really nice thank you certificate. They'll also tell you where the bird was banded and the reason.

http://www.reportband.gov/

Thanks for that link Bev. I shall do some bird band searches. :icon_sunny:

B

Bev

Keep us posted, I had one that was on a Canadian gosling that was caught and banded because it was too young to fly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread