Heres The Real Reason Why I Really Like My Garretts :)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Here's The Real Reason Why I Really Like My Garretts :)

beer-2.jpg

Because they find some of the best keepers. :) Headed out with my buddy today. Normally, this late in December, we would be on our way for a snow hill tobogganing site. But this year, with little snow so far this year and temperatures hoovering around the freezing mark, we did another relic hunt. Nothing wrong with finding a couple of cold unopened cans of beer out in the woods, left behind for some unknown reason.....

Here's to you! :occasion14:

decall.jpg

Of course, there were other finds too. The beer was found on the way out of the woods. It was also frozen solid. :(

decknife.jpg

Here's an old knife found on an older trail, about 4 inches down still in it's sheath. The threads had all rotted off, so the sheath just fell apart retrieving it.

declicence59.jpg

Here's a strange licence plate....too small for a car, too big for a bicycle so I am guessing it was for a motorcycle. I also dug a shell with a head-stamp UMC 44-40 and some slugs, possibly from the same shell?

declicplate.jpg

I also dug up this 1929 car licence plate from 1929, the same year we had the big stock market crash.

dectruck.jpg

Here's a dinky toy I dug......the same one with wheels was selling for $39.00 on Ebay. Not bad.

decwatch.jpg

I found another pocket watch, #4 for this year however, like the 3 others, it was in very poor shape. Here it is somewhat cleaned up.......

BGTIALL.jpg

Here's my Buddy's finds using his GTI 1500. He lucked out with an old toy gun and toy gun parts.

bheater.jpg

He found some parts of an old lantern, with the patents going back to the 1800's.

BHAMMERGUN.jpg

Here's a hammer off an old toy flintlock rifle. There's some nice artwork stamped into it as you can see. :)

And finally, another licence plate... "1959" when the cars were really cool!

B59PLATECARS.jpg

Attachments

• garrettSnowGuy3.jpg
    garrettSnowGuy3.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,520
  • garrettSnowGuy3.jpg
    garrettSnowGuy3.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,530

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Here's The Real Reason Why I Really Like My Garretts :)

Nice finds and the knife is cool :icon_thumright:

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice hunt there John, too bad about the beersicles.
I found an ax head a few weeks ago very similar to that one.
ZDD

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

John-Edmonton what setting do you use on the AT Pro when your at the woods?

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

rob.s said:

Full sensitivity, pro mode and discrimination set at 27 - 30. I hunt with the iron audio turned off, and dig pretty well all signals with a nice repeating sound in all directions, especially if there are deep. Deeper usually = older!

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

John-Edmonton said:
rob.s said:

Full sensitivity, pro mode and discrimination set at 27 - 30. I hunt with the iron audio turned off, and dig pretty well all signals with a nice repeating sound in all directions, especially if there are deep. Deeper usually = older!

Thanks John :icon_thumright: I'm pretty much doing the same as you in the woods and now I feel reassured about it.

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice day! Did y'all drink the beer? :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread