AT Pro - Singing in the rain...Just Singing in the rain…

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had arranged last week with a couple of friends to go detecting on Tuesday, Dec. 27th, but the weather forecast changed and my friends decided that rain and sensitive electronics didn’t necessarily go together and they bailed on me… :BangHead:

I decided that I was going to go out hunting regardless of weather. Heck, that’s one of the reasons I got the AT Pro. ;D I got up, looked outside and thought, this isn’t bad; it’s only a light mist. I loaded up and when down to a skirmish site I have permission to hunt. Along the way I noticed that the duck & geese weren’t to be seen on any of the ponds, thought to myself, do they know something I don’t? ???

Got out to my spot, donned the blaze orange cap (didn’t want an overeager hunter thinking this old fat boy was a two legged deer) grabbed the detector and shovel and away I went. This site has been hammered hard over the years, but it’s still giving up a few items here & there. I decided to stay close by the truck, in case the weather got worse… Here a signal, there a signal, but every signal is trash. Can slaw mostly. After about forty-five minutes, I’ve got one little piece of copper that needs to be identified and several pieces of can in my pouch. I look around and here comes a truck from the back fields, it’s a hunter, he looks at me and shakes his head like I’m nuts. Maybe I am… Rain is getting harder, I’m soaked and I’m cold. I look around and decide to head out, this is fun but catching pneumonia isn’t worth it. :tongue3: But I’ll continue to swing on the way back to the truck. I turn and make a step and BING! BING! BING! I look down, VDI on 74, 8” deep, better dig it. Dig down, the dirt is wet, so the plug comes out nicely, making digging fun. At 8” down, there it lays, a fired 3-ringer. I think to myself “Well, I’m not going home empty handed…” :blob7: I cover my hole and continue on, rain is getting even harder, even my sweatshirt under my waterproof coat is getting soaked from water pouring down my neck. I walk faster, still swinging. Just a few feet from the truck I get a solid mid-tone signal, look down and it’s a 54, 2” deep. I think it’s probably trash but let’s see… I flip the dirt out and it’s in it, I grab the ProPointer and pinpoint it but I can’t see it, my glasses are a mess. I grab the hunk of dirt and finally locate it. It’s a small one piece button ½” diameter, perhaps a cuff button. I get home and clean it up and it has the word GILT on the back.

I was out there about an hour, and came home with a couple of goodies, thanks to my AT Pro… :headbang:

I called one of my friends on the way home and told him what he missed, I think he want's an AT Pro now... :laughing7:

Attachments

• BULLET.JPG
    BULLET.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 365
  • BUTTONFRONT.JPG
    BUTTONFRONT.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 604
  • BUTTON BACK.JPG
    BUTTON BACK.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 691

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bullets and buttons Dwight!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Well written story Dwight! Congrats on going the extra mile with the AT and getting nicely rewarded!

The AT Is - "WATER PROOF, WIND PROOF, SNOW PROOF, COLD PROOF, WARM PROOF, MIST PROOF, FOG PROOF PLUS A DANDY DETECTOR" :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Dwight S

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys. I honestly love my AT Pro. It's lightweight and really is easy to use. It's almost "stupid proof". Just turn it on, set the mode desired, ground balance and go... You don't have to worry about a bunch of settings like some detectors. It may not be the deepest detector out there, but it will find stuff at 8" deep + which most of the relics and coins will be less deep than that.

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome, Like I said before EFFORT!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread