ace 350 vs 250 and some questions

Kevenater

Jan 10, 2007
Cullman, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I have a few questions about the new ace 350. I have had a 250 for about 4 years now. I never used it very much, as I got frustrated pretty quickly. I hunted several old home places around my house in the country, expecting to find alot of old pennies etc. but never found anything much. I did find a few newer coins near a small spring/swampy looking place off the highway. Didn't expect to find anything there..... the oldest was a 65 dime. anyway, I was wondering how much better the 350 is than the 250. will a sunray probe for the 250 work on the 350? I love my sunray but would hate to have to buy a new one if i get a 350. I never did really learn to be super proficient with the 250.... as far as knowing if i was gonna dig junk or not. lol never imagined how much junk is in the ground EVERYWHERE!! that's what frustrated me and made me lose interest. Also, would my sniper coil for the 250 work on a 350? and how is this new AT PRO all about? thanks

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every detector that you put in your hand is gonna pick up junk...As far as you not finding much is you gotta put the coil over some to find it..In other words you are just not in a place where coins are yet (as I have an Ace250 & its a coin magnet)Keep at it & it will come ..Never give up!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advise, stick with the 250.. You actually get more bang for the buck... :thumbsup:

When the 350 first came out I read up on it and saw no real difference between it and the 250... Then I saw the difference.. It's a $100.00 more :laughing7: So in reality you're paying $100 for nearly the same machine, with little difference. There is a post in metal detecting videos showing the comparison.

Here's my advise, buy the 250, get a magic marker and change the 2 to a 3, so it looks like you paid more :thumbsup:

qkslvr

Oct 27, 2006
The Woodlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD/Garrett AtPro/Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 350 has the 8.5X11 DD coil, so it covers a larger area. It is a higher frequency, so has a little better iron discrimination. The coils for the 250/350 are interchangable, and your sunray will work on both machines.

The At Pro is quite different. It has proportional audio and iron audio , target ID numbers, ground balance capabilities, waterproof, etc.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a very limited number of blocks that comingle good / junk on the 250 ( making you listen to tone to help figger out good from bad items) vs many more "numbers' to help finer sort found items that along with the tone -- if used properly can help better seperate items on the 350 *

i like my delta 4000 for $279 --its a 0 - 99 numbers type machine --light in weight -- the 250 was the "bomb" for its time and is still not a bad machine for the price ($212) --but for $67 buck more -- the delta is much better in my veiw -- and well worth the differance

ps --i have actually owed and used both the ace 250 and the delta 4000 --the delta 4000 is my current #1 machine with the 250 being a loaner / back up machine .--i also have a bounty hunter time ranger that i got when they stopped making them.(at a great price)

OP
OP
Kevenater

Kevenater

Jan 10, 2007
Cullman, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
thanks for the replies. I'm gonna try to get out and go again soon... just gotta get out there to find something. biggest problem is everybody was poor as dirt where I live. lol my mom said that back then if you dropped a penny you'd spend all day hunting it till you found it. people were that poor on the mtn I live on

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
look for where the old time moonshiners made / sold shine * there could be buried money (coins) hid around there in old mason jars . :wink: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Kevenater

Kevenater

Jan 10, 2007
Cullman, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I do know where an old chopped up still is in tn. but no longer have access to the land... that sux!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions