Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i got my AT Pro now working just great............... And it will be my fresh water detector when the cold weather leaves.......... The reason is all we have up here is fresh water ....... And the other reason is it is the only water detector i have................ And for fresh water it is all i need for all i do is just wade waist deep...... That is as deep as i go........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad you got your AT PRO working like it was designed to work. Mine is as it should be also and I just have to stop second guessing the display while wading. If it beeps, I should scoop it and not wonder what the display says. In the dirt now that is different as you don't want to dig a lot of trash and make a mess. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
I am glad you got your AT PRO working like it was designed to work. Mine is as it should be also and I just have to stop second guessing the display while wading. If it beeps, I should scoop it and not wonder what the display says. In the dirt now that is different as you don't want to dig a lot of trash and make a mess. :thumbsup:
Sandman...... In the water i will scoop everything the numbers will mean nothing to me in the water.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Guys... I'm glad to hear your detectors are working like they were meant to. I think ya'll just had a run of bad luck with them.

As I've heard ya'll say before and I've tried to live through the years, DON'T TRUST THE SCREEN, IT'LL LIE TO YOU!

Now... GET OUT THERE AND FIND THE GOODIES!!!!!!!! :icon_thumleft:

I don't forget to post some pictures! ;D

RL OH

Feb 7, 2007
Keppy, glad the AT is working out for you. In October I traded for an upgraded AT and it is the best detector I have used in places loaded with rusty iron. I have found an incredible 28 Indian head pennies with the two AT's I have owned. What is amazing, I have been hunting these spots for years. I remember you saying you are from Geneva. Give the AT a shot at some of your older spots. Here is a very short Geneva story. My neighbor has a construction company and he was somewhere in Geneva leveling the ground for a storage unit project. One of the concrete contractors putting up forms spotted a coin laying directly on top of the scraped ground. He picked it up and cleaned it. It was a twenty dollar gold coin! My neighbor said it immediately left work for the day and headed for the bar. Several people on his crew confirmed the story. I will try to find out where in Geneva this place is located. R.L.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes in this area south of here about 20 miles give or take ... I have had some friends find $5.00 gold from the 1930's.... in a open field ... That was not near any thing........ But it was a freshed plowed field....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread