Out with the new ATPro today

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the grandson fishing today and I did a little too, but they weren't biting so after an hour or so I dug out my new AT Pro. Turned it on and set it up on standard/zero and started swinging. Took about 4 steps and bing,bing bing. Dug up a ring. Not sure just what it is, unable to read the stamp inside. It had a dark hue to it but it rubbed off, but did not look shiny as I thought silver might look. Will take to a jeweler and get his thoughts. Had lunch and poked around at a tot lot and picked up about a $1.50 in clad. So for the first day I thought it went well, need to get out and learn the curve. I think it might take a little time after using a DFX for 5 years. Sure gets ingrained after that long.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean. I sold my DFX since I wasn't using it because of bad knees and now miss it. But have a AT Pro which is lots lighter.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A ring in 5 swings? Man I wish I had that kinda luck! Congrats on a day well spent with grand kids!

Thunderchild

Sep 24, 2011
N. Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD/ AT Pro / Whites TDI SL / Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine and wouldn't think of getting rid of it. Congrats on the time with the Grandson.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread