gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought I once saw an aftermarket coil for the gold and pro but I cant seem to find it now. Rest assured, if you put a bigger coil on it, it will go deeper. How much deeper? It depends on how much bigger.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The AT Pro's 9x11 coil will fit it. Depth is really not much more, maybe an extra inch or so. I have the AT Gold's 5x8 coil on my Pro and I love it. It makes you slow down a little and allows you to get into tighter spaces. I still dig bullets at 7" - 8".

The optional AT Pro concentric coils will fit but realize what you gain in depth you end up loosing in the end with coverage. Remember, a concentric coil detection field is like a "V" in that at it's deepest, you only have a spot about the size of quarter that will produce a signal. Your sweep pattern will need to overlap significantly to improve your chances of finding those really deep signals. With the DD coils you have essentially a blade detection field from near the front of the coil to the back. You may loose an inch or so in depth with the DD coil, but the chance of actually hitting a good target should be much better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread