Got Chased Off A Snow Hill By A Bunch Of Terrorists Today..........

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
terrorists.jpg

It was a couple of degrees below freezing today, and we got about 10" of snow over the weekend. Cabin fever has been setting in, so out the door I headed this morning. I hit 2 snow hills today, and each got some loot. After hunting the second hill for about a half hour, I had that feeling that someone else was here too. I turned my head, only to see about 30 snow warriors all with blue saucers preparing to mow me down! Dag-nabbit.....that shut me down for the afternoon. :angry5:

ACEWINTERFIRSTDIME.jpg

My first coin of the day was a dime, at about 5 inches.

snowhuntcointotals.jpg

Here are my finds for the last 3 snow hill hunts.....

=======================================================================================================================================
Previous Relic Snow Hunts This Year

woodsatheadset.jpg

I hit these woods a couple of times last month, and thought that I would include them in today's posting.

allwinterwoods.jpg

Here are the totals....no old coins, but some ammo left over from the days when you could still hunt in the city.

shells.jpg

My best find was a tag from the early 1900's, from peddlers selling ice. They used to go down to the river in the cold and cut chunks of ice to sell. Here's a better shot of that tag along with some close ups of shells

Below is a photo of harvesting ice in Edmonton​

Attachments

• cutting ice.jpg
    cutting ice.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 362

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread