Looking for a shorter shaft for the ace series.

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and I have spent some time together hunting over the last year and he asked when he could get his own detector. Just this last week he asked if he could get his own detector for his 6th birthday. Well I am thinking of getting another ace and giving him the new one. They are light and simple to use. The problem I am seeing now is his height. I had him try and use the one we have now and it is way too long even collapsed down as far as it will go. I called my dealer to get a list of alternate detectors and he said that he remembers there being a short shaft somewhere on the market. Thanks for reading and your help!

Vez

goodmore

Nov 12, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never had an Ace. Just the AT Pro. But can't you saw off the lower shaft? Maybe drill a couple of new holes if you need to.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those spring clips come out and you can saw the shaft down as Goodmore suggested.

OP
OP
O

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thank you.

Top Member Reactions