GTI 2500 Coil Question

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father owns a GTI 2500 that's at least 6 years (probably more) old, the model with the white colored coil. He asked a question I couldn't answer for him so I would like your input. He's been talking about getting a new coil and asked if the newer styled standard sized coil they have on the GTI's would be any better then the one he has now (the older white standard coil) ? I told him I would think the newer coil itself might/should be a little better but really don't know technically. We know he could get a bigger coil to cover a bigger area and possibly get a little more depth but if the newer standard coil is better then the older he will opt for that. Thanks for your input and any help you can provide.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't compared the two but the newer coils for the 2500 are calibrated for the 2500 regardless of the detectors age.

OP
OP
F

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah we figured that but just not sure about the sensitivity, depth, target serperation, etc. but thanks for your response and input anyways.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The newer design for the GTI series is more stable then the white one. The white coil has the coil wire set in foam, which moves when the coil touches a tree or rock, causing audio interference, if set at a high sensitivity. The newer black coil has the coil wire embedded in a hard resin, which prevents it from moving when brushing against a tree or rock. As a result, you can run the GTI machines at a higher sensitivity, often times giving greater depth capabilities.

Hope this helps.....

OP
OP
F

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is some great info, thank you very much !!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread