Headphone question

treasure4pleasure

Apr 18, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
FIsher F2, Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am looking at maybe getting the AT Pro actually but wondering about the headphone adapter. Can you use regular headphones with it or do you have to buy an adapter? What is the purpose of the adapter? I'm just a bit confuzzled about the whole thing and have just read a few comments here and there. I would like to hunt with headphones sometimes so I want to know this in advance.
Thanks!

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most detectors have a "large" headphone plug.. The AT Pro does as well. Is that what you mean?

Bearpaw

Mar 31, 2012
West Texas
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can get adapters at raidoshack that will let you use smaller headphones.
Hope that helps
Bearpaw

OP
OP
treasure4pleasure

treasure4pleasure

Apr 18, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never used headphones with a MD so I don't know anything about it. But , I have read numerous threads about the at pro and saw where you had to buy an adapter for some reason. I don't understand why.

Jack Squat Digger

Feb 15, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
An adapter converts the large plug in hole on your detector so you can use smaller headphone plugs like headphones on your ipod or walkman. Most detectors take the big plugs.

OP
OP
treasure4pleasure

treasure4pleasure

Apr 18, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh okay then. I may have to buy one if I get it because I don't think I would want to wear the big ginormous headphones. lol ;)

vanner1

Jun 21, 2011
May be I can make this a bit clearer. The headphones that come with the AT have a special water-proof connection that goes into the back of the control box, but a lot of us prefer other makes of headphones, hence the adapter. The headphone adapter also has the special water-proof connection at one end that goes into the control box, and a length of headphone cable with a 1/4 inch adapter at the other end , so any headphones can be used. .The adapter puts the point where we plug in our head-phones to under the arm support at the rear of the detector . Hope this helps

treasure diver

Mar 17, 2006
eastern KY.
I got the blue underwater H/P for my AT Pro. I use them on land & water. You can't adjust the volum but I went to Wal mart in the ladies make up dept. & got make up spounges that are ovel shaped they fit like they were made for them. Tones them down just right for me. This way when you hunt in the water you don't have to worry about getting them wet.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the headphones that came with my AT Pro and they work great. My only complaint is that they make my ears so hot that they sweat like crazy and my ears fill up!! Any suggestions? Drives me CRAZY and it isn't even summer yet!

toysoldier2

Mar 14, 2012
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Teknetics Alpha, Treasure Commander TC2X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not too sure if your question was answered or not. I have a favorite headphone that I would like to use with my AT PRO. I will check with RADIO SHACK tomorrow to see if they have the proper adapter. If not, I have sent an email to GARRETT asking them if they know of any another options that I might have. They are pretty good at answering emails but since it is a weekend it probably won't be until next week that I get an answer. And if all else fails you can use the headphones that come with AT PRO, or buy the water-proof ones. Or you could listen bare (without headphones).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions