350 to AT Pro?

Jul 30, 2012
Northern NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, I've been MDing since April with my Ace 350 and have had very good luck with it. So far this year I've pulled 28 silver with it. The only problem I face now is the park I like to hunt is pretty picked over but I have a feeling there is still some silver there just deeper then the 350 can find. The question I have is, is it worth upgrading to the AT Pro or should I save some more cash and upgrade even more? I've been out with a hunting buddy who has an E-trac and he has pulled barbers out around 10" or so. Will the AT Pro give me that depth?
steve

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only been out twice with my AT Pro since I got it 2 weeks ago and I LOVE it! I love it because I can go in the creeks and rivers here in MN. That is where the virgin territory is. My deepest find on land was lead fishing sinker (little bigger than a bb from a bb gun) at around 7".
I haven't hit silver yet, but I'm hoping :-)
If you don't ever plan on going in the water, then maybe the AT Pro isn't for you, but if you want to hit the creek beds then its a no brainer.
Also if I ever need inspiration and confidence in my AT Pro I watch a guy on youtube named Aquachigger... The guy is a relic & coin beast!

OP
OP
R
Jul 30, 2012
Northern NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be nice to have the option to detect some of the creeks and river banks. Also I wouldn't have to worry about the rain. Just not sure i want to drop $500-$700 and get the same depth as my 350.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not so sure you will get the depth out of the AT Pro that you may have heard about. I think it may be possible, but I also think that there are too many other influencing factors that come into play. I will tell you that I like my AT Pro, it is light, easy to make changes on the fly, water proof, salt water friendly and lot more fun than my DFX or MXT. I have found coins at 8 " with all my detectors and really believe the key to depth is the soil, ground balancing, setting of the detector, research, being willing to dig any faint or barely audible signals, learning to use and read the detector and most of all operator experience.
If you upgrade to the AT Pro you will probably never have to upgrade again unless you decide to do a different type of hunting ie gold, diving etc. Hope this helps

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would upgrade to something better than the AT PRO. Many clown shoes claim great depths with the detector but it depends on the ground you've got. I can't get these depths with the ATP.

OP
OP
R
Jul 30, 2012
Northern NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks a lot for the input guys. Now I have to figure out what to upgrade to. E-trac, V3i, or maybe even the 3030. Just tough to drop $1500, at the minimum, into a detector. I guess you get what you pay for. Which dealer has the best deals? I went through kellyco for my 350 and for a bunch of junk with it. Any recommendations?

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recyclablesteele said:
I guess you get what you pay for. Which dealer has the best deals? I went through kellyco for my 350 and for a bunch of junk with it. Any recommendations?

I go with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. He answers the phone when you call him, he is friendly and full of knowledge and is glad to share it with others. He usually ships out the same day. He has had an AT-Pro and an etrac and now I believe he swings a CTX 3030. Ask him your question and you will get an informative and honest answer that's backed by his personal knowledge. Oh yea, don't forget to mention you are a forum member here and you will get a better deal.

Give him a call: tel:405-206-9010

Here's his website:

http://bigboyshobbies.net/

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, I've been MDing since April with my Ace 350 and have had very good luck with it. So far this year I've pulled 28 silver with it. The only problem I face now is the park I like to hunt is pretty picked over but I have a feeling there is still some silver there just deeper then the 350 can find. The question I have is, is it worth upgrading to the AT Pro or should I save some more cash and upgrade even more? I've been out with a hunting buddy who has an E-trac and he has pulled barbers out around 10" or so. Will the AT Pro give me that depth?
steve

Steve,
It is not really fair to compare a single frequency $600 AT Pro to a Minelab E-Trac with 28 frequencies. Yes the AT Pro is an OUTSTANDING machine but your not comparing apples to apples. Feel free to give me a call and i would love to help you.

Thanks, Bart.

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot for the input guys. Now I have to figure out what to upgrade to. E-trac, V3i, or maybe even the 3030. Just tough to drop $1500, at the minimum, into a detector. I guess you get what you pay for. Which dealer has the best deals? I went through kellyco for my 350 and for a bunch of junk with it. Any recommendations?

I can cut you a repeat customer deal for sure... We have a special on the Minelab CTX 3030 right now, we are giving a free Pioneer 505 detector as a backup or extra. I know this might not suit you since you have an ACE 350 but I can work with you to get you the deal you want.

As for the "junk" you got with your detector from Kellyco, it was free... You would pay the same price with or without the free stuff. As for discounts, all you need to do is contact me on here and I can work you a deal from Kellyco on just about every machine we sell... Not Tesoro :-(

This brings me to a question for all out there on the forums.

We are reviewing the free accessory packages that we give away for with our detector purchases and I would like to hear from you all as to what you would like to see in a more professional/avid detectorist accessory package. As you all have pointed out over the years the current packages are geared for the first timer so we are going to change that up some and keep the first timer kits and make an experienced kit for you to choose from. Give me your want list and I will see what we can do.

Again, if you are looking for a deal on a detector or accessory or both, just reach out to me and I will make it happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread