One Of My "BEST Hunts Ever.....Check It Out!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
gd%20all_zps21f9fb46.jpg

Went for a hunt with my buddy. He used his AT Pro, 5 x 8 Coil and I used the AT Gold 5 x 8 coil. We put in a full 7 hour day and got some nice finds. I found a nice silver half and many other interesting items. check out the vintage sun glasses. Too funny!

listerine_zps0ad68a8d.jpg

I dug up this curled up tube. Upon further inspection, it turned out to be a vintage tube of Listerine tooth paste. I never even knew that there was toothpaste by Listerine. heck....I grew up brushing with crest and Pepsident.

gd%20gun_zps19d04d27.jpg

I also fund this old Daisy cap gun. I tried to date it, but came up empty handed. I also dug up a musket ball. Someone must have been hunting, shot at his game and missed.

gd%20pennies_zpse4e6fc01.jpg

I found some nice older pennies, including some wheat cents. A lot of Americans stayed in Edmonton when the Alaska highway was built, so finding wheat cents around here is quite common.

gd%20silver_zpse826a488.jpg

It's been years since I dug up a fifty cent piece, but I got one today plus another 3 more silver to boot!

gd%20b%20best_zpse6cd46d4.jpg

Here's my buddy's best for the day. he managed to get a ring, and old dime which was worn and a few other great finds.

Fall is the best time of year to hunt. No more mosquitoes or black flies and spectacular colors as the leaves change color.

th_BEER2.jpg

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! great finds! & a great post. love the pictoral essay!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread