Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Garrett ace350

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be OK if you just hunt the dry sand and you could still find lots of coins and jewelry. The trouble comes when you try to hunt the wet sand as that will make the 250 unstable. You could lower sens but this might not help. Since the 250 doesn't have ground balance you can't even use that to help.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember there is salt mist in the air at all beaches, protect your detector from the salt mist in the air...if you don't have a rain cover use a plastic bag, but leave opening on the bottom or condensation will develops inside detector...

Last edited:

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a GREAT tip about leaving the bottom open for the condensation! THANK YOU!!!!!

OP
OP
M

mapper123

Feb 6, 2007
NW South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Garrett ace350
Thank you for reminding me Treasure hunter....I do have a rain cover & will use!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will be OK if you just hunt the dry sand and you could still find lots of coins and jewelry. The trouble comes when you try to hunt the wet sand as that will make the 250 unstable. You could lower sens but this might not help. Since the 250 doesn't have ground balance you can't even use that to help.

Great post!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember there is salt mist in the air at all beaches, protect your detector from the salt mist in the air...if you don't have a rain cover use a plastic bag, but leave opening on the bottom or condensation will develops inside detector...

Another good one!

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll be at Delray Beach and Vero Beach, Florida at the end of this month with a Garrett Ace 250 and an ukulele. 8)

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another tip on how to keep moisture out of your Ace.

When I used to take my Ace 350 to the beach besides using the cover, I took two small sillica bags that you get in packaged electronics boxes that say "Do Not Eat". They are packed with electronics to absorb moisture.
I used a small piece of tape to hold them on the two extreme sides of the inside of the battery cover. The small bags fit in perfectly without interfering with the batteries or the cover fitting back on. They can even be reused by just putting them in a toaster oven on just the warm or lowest heat setting for about 15-20 min.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Treasure Hunter, I forgot about using plastic bags being open at the bottom to let out condensation. Condensation would make the detector unstable like how moisture forms on the outside of a cold drink.

OP
OP
M

mapper123

Feb 6, 2007
NW South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Garrett ace350
i spent a week at Tybee Island,ga. with my ace 250 & enjoy myself.I spent most of the time in the dry sand as suggested & proved to myself that the ace 250 really is too unstable (even with sens down)in wet sand. I used the ace in all metal mode.Tybee is a very clean beach on the surface.I managed to find enough clad to raise my status to chief cooly in China at the turn of the century......07 cents an hour! I found 8 quarters,7 nickles,9 dimes & 18 pennies.Other items found ...1 3 ounce sinker,1 12" long galvanized nail,about 15 rusty bottle caps,15 temporary tent pegs ,a matchbox car & a pouch full of other misc metal junk. I do thank all who offered suggestions & advice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread