Using the AT Pro in an unusual way...

Dign-nbama

Sep 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, Minelab Etrac,, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The other day I was needing to do some work on our roof, we have a metal roof and I noticed some of the screws were backing out, so I climbed on the roof and began to replace some of the screws that holds the metal down, I dropped some of the screws and of coarse they rolled down onto the lawn, now these screws have very sharp points and I knew if I didn't find them before next spring that the tires on my lawn mower would, so when I got down I began to search for the screws in the area I thought I had dropped them, but I only found one and I knew there was more, I thought about a magnet but I didn't have one big enough to cover the area well, so I thought about the Garrett At Pro I had just bought this month, so I got it out and selected Pro Custom mode and sweep over the one screw I had found and figured out the reading and the sound it made and went in and disc out everything else and began my search, and low in behold I began to find one screw after another, I scanned at least 8 to 10ft parameter and I'm convinced all screws were found.. This machine is amazing.....
:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Dign-nbama

Dign-nbama

Sep 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You sound like my wife,,,,, I see it as Multipurpose....:laughing9:

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seems to me that anyone could find those elusive half dimes with that elimination notch :thumbsup:

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You "screw'd" your lawnmower from popping its tires next spring lolol.

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to try and top your story, but it reminds me of when my brother in law the vet called me. He had a flock of emus at a farm that ate roofing nails that were laying around the farm. He had me running around checking the stomachs of each bird with my ACE 250 to see which ones needed to be operated on to remove the nails. It was pretty entertaining.

OP
OP
Dign-nbama

Dign-nbama

Sep 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to try and top your story, but it reminds me of when my brother in law the vet called me. He had a flock of emus at a farm that ate roofing nails that were laying around the farm. He had me running around checking the stomachs of each bird with my ACE 250 to see which ones needed to be operated on to remove the nails. It was pretty entertaining.
Wow,That is a very good story..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread