Garrett AT PRO Vs Fisher F70

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a note from a Northener: I md around lake superior and many of the lakes, rivers and streams in Minnesota. I was nervous about my ace 250 because of the spray and setting it down on the sometimes wet ground. I also didn't like using it in the mist and rain. I don't think the waterproofing of the at-pro shouldn't be under-rated. I just ordered one today. From what I read it should be able to handle the high minerals in the iron range as well as is possible. Never tried the Fisher.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello dieselram94. Question for you.. What's a better detector the Garrett Scorpion or the Tesoro Lobo??? Having a hard time choosing one to buy. I'm a newbie in the field any advice would be helpful. Thanks!! Matt

I would buy neither.....go for a at-pro gold if your looking for gold....at-pro for everything else. The water proofing makes this a easy decision to me.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dieselram94 said:
I would buy neither.....go for a at-pro gold if your looking for gold....at-pro for everything else. The water proofing makes this a easy decision to me.

Thank you for the feed back I appreciate it.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd go At Pro over f70 or at gold. With the At Gold can't hunt in saltwater beaches and with the f70 if your out somewhere and it starts raining hard enough you probably would ruin the machine if it got wet enough. No worries with the At Pro plus the performance is close to the F70 and At Gold. The At Pro hits nickels and pull tabs hard in fact it hits them harder than all the machines I currently own and there's some good ones in the bunch. Pull tabs and nickels equal more rings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread