Garrett ace 250 with a 350 upgraded coil

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
Hi,

I've had my BH Pionneer 202 for a few weeks and am just starting to get comfortable with it, but I now have a chance to trade for a Garrett Ace 250, new, which the guy told me retails for about 250-300 with an upgraded 350 coil that he claims retails for another 175.00. I would be trading a dining room table and chairs that are very nice, but I have no use for since we got a new one just a few months ago that fits better into our new house. I've heard good things about Garrett and the 250. I guess the 350 coil is the next model up? Does this seem like a good deal and is this md significantly better than the one I am using? Thanks for the help.

Is the Ace 250

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Changing a coil is not upgrading. A 350 coil works on a 250 and vice versa. There are various coils that fit both machines. You don't upgrade coils, you upgrade machines. You have to determine for yourself if going from a BH Pioneer 202 to an ac250 is in fact an upgrade at all, especially since your very nice dining room table and chairs probably cost more that both machines combined.

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say its according to what you value the table and chair at. If its close enough go for it. If not sale the table and chairs and and go from there. Might be able to get enough cash to get a better machine? I like my ACE 250 but plan to go with a Tesoro soon and pass it on to my soon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread