garret at pro

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most white gold will come in in the Iron range depending on what metal they are alloyed with. So ya gotta dig a lot of hair pins and foil. Minelabs like the Excal and Sov GT don't do that but of course they are more $$$. Some Iron will be correctly id'ed with Iron Audio turned on. My AT Pro doesn't do this and thats another reason I won't use it. Also it can't see earring backs or studs.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smaller gold can ring from the low 40s to 60s on the At Pro. Depends on the karat weight, size of band etc. I've dug most of my gold in the high 40s and high 50s.

Dign-nbama

Sep 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, Minelab Etrac,, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug a piece of what seems to be gold plated jewelry 12-24-12, it looks like a lawn mower got it at some time, it rang in the 40's @ 4in. now this was small about 1/8 wide and 1/4 long, when I finally separated it from the dirt it looked like gold, further investigation seems to be gold plated, also I found a piece of brass very small a few weekends ago that was the size of a small needle bearing, I have one of the newer AT Pro's, it is my understanding from those who have or got the older one's , are not satisfied with them and I can not blame them, it's like buying a car without a motor, but running this thing in Pro mode either custom or I prefer zero mode, it is sensitive, also when I ground balance in Auto, I'll back off 5 points or so, I'm still learning, so this is not professional advice at all, I can only speak and testify my experience so far...but it does ring in small objects,, also I use the 5x8 coil....

OP
OP
x512x

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
Yea man iv skipped a bunch of 40s but ima start checking em iv found so much cool stuff with mine iv only had for about month I think its a great machine haven't found a ring yet though only ben digging this 1 big site almost done combing it

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
The only gold ring I have found with my AT Pro (have had it since July 12) rang out at exactly 50. It was a 2.5 gram 10k ring.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive got a 7 gram 14k white gold band that reads 52...I found a 5 gram 14k yellow gold cross that reads 42...the lowest gold Ive found is a 0.7gram hollow earring that reads 38...Ive got a 9 gram 10k yellow gold band that reads 76...gold has a wide range but most medium rings will be in the 50s...Ive got a handful of stud earrings found with the AT.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone ever use their AT Gold/Pro to detect black sand? I've been doing a lot of thinking on this, and it seems legit that you could use the "Iron Audio" function to let out a nice low drone scream when you run over a thick wad of black sand. I know White's GMT lets you know, and I think the Gold Bug 2 does as well, as one of their functions is made to let out a holler when black sand's a foot.
Let me know what you all think, I'm very curious and will be checkin' back soon for answers!!!

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It seems like it should. I've got the ATG. I'll have it next week and I'll try a wash that's got black sand in it. I'll let ya know. Makes sense that if concentrated black sand it should register. Has anybody ever tried this?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok so today I tested a white gold ring an a gold ring any they came up as 40s signals...I thought they hit 60s on at pro

Dont be fooled by the atpro numbers or numbers from any machine for that matter, in the mid range. Which is to say, don't worry about numbers if you want gold rings. And quit trying to find gold rings, if that's your game. Not gonna happen but rarely. Unless you discover a long lost virgin beach or swim area, which is rare as hen's teeth. Stick to deep silver and copper, much better chance of that. If you insist on gold rings, dig it all, you might get lucky now and again, but numbers will have little to do with finding much gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread