Just bought the Super Sniper Coil for my AT PRO? Anybody else have one?

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my Sniper Coil for the AT PRO and hadn't got a chance to use it yet due to too much snow still on the ground. Does anybody else have one and how does it really do in trashy areas? How deep does it go?
Thanks!

OP
OP
flyinryan2

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4.5" Super sniper coil

Attachments

• image-2171587511.jpg
    image-2171587511.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 852

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one. Love it for what it can do in tot lots and right against fences.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one about a year ago and hunted with it for literally 1 minute before switching back. I have nothing against it, I just decided that I didn't really need it in the area I was hunting that day and shortly after that I bought an Explorer so most of my next hunts were with that. I really do need to spend some time with it next year.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you're in trashy areas or at a beach with exposed/pretty close bedrock then I'd use it. It'll sort through the trash very well and won't blanket a bunch of items like a larger coil would. As for the bedrock, use it if your nugget shooting. Good luck and HH.

OP
OP
flyinryan2

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one. Love it for what it can do in tot lots and right against fences.

I bought one about a year ago and hunted with it for literally 1 minute before switching back. I have nothing against it, I just decided that I didn't really need it in the area I was hunting that day and shortly after that I bought an Explorer so most of my next hunts were with that. I really do need to spend some time with it next year.

If you're in trashy areas or at a beach with exposed/pretty close bedrock then I'd use it. It'll sort through the trash very well and won't blanket a bunch of items like a larger coil would. As for the bedrock, use it if your nugget shooting. Good luck and HH.

Thanks guys, i got a chance to use it yesterday and it did "OK" the thin strips of metal still rang in at a perfect 80-81 and the pieces of barbed wire still came in the 70's. :(
But it did do great along the wire fence's around the property, i was able to get right under it, with no interference from the fence! I did manage a Gillette Lighter that was right under the fence. So i know if there is a coin amongst the trash it would pick it up, but the can's and other coin like targets will get dug also:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread