First time out with the Ace 150

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Just spent a few hours with my younger daughter and her Ace 150 which she received for Christmas. Our weather is beautiful today, unseasonably warm. So we went to two parks, tot lots. The first one was just too trashy, we pulled alot of bottle caps which ring up just like coins with the bell tone. So we moved on to another newer park/tot lot. Didn't find too much around the jungle gym but then we started searching around a basketball court (at least the parts that were not soaking wet, and we came up with .41 in clad. We need to go back later. Not great but at least enough to keep her from being totally discouraged from all the junk. The 150 was getting some good depth, picking up stuff (in very wet ground) beyond 6 inches that we just decided to give up on. I can see how a pinpointer is a necessity. I can also see how having a machine with much better discrinination will be helpful. I am saving to buy the AT Pro, hoping that it can do much better with I.D.ing the trash.

All in all still a pretty fun day for being outdoors in January:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread