AT PRO....Platinum Readings?...VDI numbers?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just have a quick question, And I havent seen it covered anywhere.

But what does a Platinum Ring read as on the AT Pro.

I have an Area that i have been hitting that has produced over 15 gold rings in the last couple years, and tons of silvecr jelwery. But I have no idea what Platinum reads as. What sucks about this location is that it was littered with coins, and I have dug the majority of the quarters and dimes and coppers out.

Any advise would be great, as Im going there again after work.

thanks!

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What sucks about this location is that it was littered with coins, and I have dug the majority of the quarters and dimes and coppers out.
That's a good problem no? Let me know if you have this problem again, I'll take care of it for ya.

Good question by the way.
Has anyone made a chart that shows all of the AT PRO readings? I can supply bottle cap, pull tab and can slaw readings.

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good problem no? Let me know if you have this problem again, I'll take care of it for ya.

Good question by the way.
Has anyone made a chart that shows all of the AT PRO readings? I can supply bottle cap, pull tab and can slaw readings.

Haha..I how it sounds, But what happen was when I first started detecting it, I found a Silver ring, and 2 gold rings in one day, Then the next day found 2 more gold rings. I dont have any problems digging Coins, but I can sit on the ground and go over the ground with my pinpointer and there are coins about every square inch..Its an Old swimming area, So its where people places there stuff before they got in the water...for the last 80 years..So you can only imagine the amount of targets.

I do dig up the coins when Im not finding any jewelry, but after about an hour of stright digging, my knees are killing me, I dont even really have to take more then 1 step before i get 2 or 3 good targets

kkbroker

Oct 2, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this list a while back. I have verified quit a few of numbers but hate to think of all of the high 40's numbers that I ignored as foil or aluminum...mainly because I dug 100+ high 40's targets and they were all aluminum or foil. But here you go...

99 -- Ike Silver Dollar, Morgan Silver Dollar
98 -- Ike Silver Dollar
97 -- Ike Silver Dollar
96 -- Morgan Silver Dollar, Walking Liberty Silver Half Dollar, Franklin Silver Half Dollar, Large Silver Ring
95 --
94 --
93 -- Kennedy 40% Silver Half Dollar
92 -- Clad Dollar, Kennedy 40% Silver Half Dollar, Clad Half Dollar, Aluminum Token, Large Silver Ring
91 -- Barber Half Dollar
90 -- Clad Half Dollar, Clad Quarter, Large US 1 Cent, Silver British Half Crown
89 -- Washington Silver Quarter, Clad Quarter
88 -- Standing Liberty Silver Quarter, Washington Silver Quarter, Clad Quarter, Medium Silver Ring
87 -- SBA Dollar, Clad Quarter
86 -- Clad Quarter
85 -- Barber Quarter, Clad Quarter, Seated Dime, Matron Head Large Cent
84 -- Seated Dime, Matron Head Large Cent, Small Silver Ring
83 -- Mercury Silver Dime, Roosevelt Silver Dime, Clad Dime
82 -- Clad Dime, Small Silver Charm, 1 Yen Coin (JPN), Large 9K Gold Ring
81 -- Seated Dime, 10 Yen Coin (JPN), 1 Yen Coin (JPN)
80 -- Seated Dime, Copper Lincoln 1 Cent, King George Half Penny, 10 Yen Coin (JPN), 1000 Peso Coin (Mexico, 1988), Large Plated Ring, Small Silver Ring
79 -- Seated Dime
78 -- King George Penny, Chuck-E-Cheese Token
77 -- 1 Euro Coin (Ireland), New Zealand $2.00, Australian $1.00
76 -- Seated Liberty Half Dime, Indian Head 1 Cent, Australian $2.00, New Zealand $1.00, King George Half Penny, 5 Yen Coin (JPN), Medium Plated Ring
75 -- Bottle Cap, Spanish 1-Reale, Zinc Lincoln 1 Cent, 5 Yen Coin (JPN) Barber Dime
74 -- Bottle Cap, Rev War British Musket Ball, Copper Lincoln 1 Cent
73 -- Bottle Cap, Small Silver Ring
72 -- Bottle Cap
71 -- Bottle Cap
70 -- Bottle Cap, Civil War Mini-Ball, Medium Charm
69 -- Civil War Mini-Ball
68 -- 22K Gold Sovereign, Civil War Mini-Ball
67 --
66 -- Pop Top, Small Charm
65 --
64 --
63 -- Small Silver Earring
62 -- Nickel
61 -- Indian Head 1 Cent
60 -- Medium 9K Gold Ring
59 --
58 -- 18K Gold
57 -- Large 14K Gold Ring, 18K Gold
56 --
55 -- Mens Titanium Ring
54 -- Small 14K Gold Ring
53 -- Pull Tab, Buffalo Nickel, V Nickel, War Nickel, New Nickel, Small Charm, Medium 13K Gold Ring
52 -- Pull Tab, Buffalo Nickel, V Nickel, War Nickel, New Nickel, Small Charm
51 -- 100 Yen Coin (JPN)
50 -- 3 Cent Piece, 14K Gold Chain, 100 Yen Coin (JPN), 50 Yen Coin (JPN), Small 9K Gold Ring, Platinum Ring
49 -- 3 Cent Piece, 14K Gold Chain, 50 Yen Coin (JPN),
48 -- 14K Gold Chain, 14K Yellow & White Gold Ring, Titanium Ring, Platinum Ring
47 -- Large Junk Earring, Titanium Ring, Platinum Ring
46 -- Titanium Ring, Platinum Ring
45 -- Foil, Titanium Ring, Platinum Ring
44 -- Foil, Platinum Ring
43 -- Foil, Small 10K Gold Ring
42 -- Foil, Small 10K Gold Ring
41 -- Foil
40 -- Foil
39 -- Foil
38 -- Foil
37 -- Foil
36 -- Foil
35 -- Foil, Nail

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! KKBroker...And I hear you..The first times I went out lookign for gold, I only looked for numbers and the 50's, but the last 3 rings I found, 2 of them were 45-46's and the last of tRing was 60-61...So now Im digging them all..lol

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great list KKBROKER Thanks. In other words dig everything 40 and above!
Hate to think all of the stuff I have passed up. But after digging so many bottle caps and pull tabs you sort of get discouraged and only dig the good signals.
I guess it all depends on the site you're in.

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Zincoln at 75 is low. From what I remember (its been so long since I dug one <sarcasm) it should be 78-79 range. Maybe the 75 was an 80% intact Zincoln?

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Zincoln at 75 is low. From what I remember (its been so long since I dug one <sarcasm) it should be 78-79 range. Maybe the 75 was an 80% intact Zincoln?

it must be soil conditions or something...because a ionc penny to me is EXACLTY 75 or lower, but never higher.....but at the same time, some of these numbers dont jive exactly with what i did, like the quarter, for me its always 87-88, and sometimes 90, but never lower.

Im sure there are alot of factors that i will never understand..but as long as im digging the 40's-60's..I should be good

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it must be soil conditions or something...because a ionc penny to me is EXACLTY 75 or lower, but never higher.....but at the same time, some of these numbers dont jive exactly with what i did, like the quarter, for me its always 87-88, and sometimes 90, but never lower.

Im sure there are alot of factors that i will never understand..but as long as im digging the 40's-60's..I should be good

That is interesting. My quarters almost always read 86-87, including the rare orange plated ones. I don't think I have ever seen a 90 for a quarter unless I was upswingin to the side of the coin or it was picking up on a can off to the side.

Your're right though it doesn't matter as long as you're diggin and findin...

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most often it is in the 78-79 range but I have hit them as low as 75

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it is soil because I have noticed different VDI readings for pennies, dimes and quarters in different locations. I have had pennies ring as high as 81 and quarters as high as 90 and as low as 83

echodog

Oct 29, 2012
Thanks for that list very interesting there are signals in there I don't think I have EVER dug. There are also quite a few things on that list I have never dug, hopefully I can fix that. Thanks again!

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was told that the number for gold varies so much due to the alloys that are in it. The difference from 10k-18k. That's why the chart at the top goes from 40-99. I'm waiting to find first gold. Hopefully I can hit my spot I found gold at before so I might have an idea. Lol

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 1st gold I ever dug was when i was to dumb to know what I was digging. I got a melted down 18k ring or something. I got a strong signal and dug and came with a piece of gold. I thought it was a charm at 1st. The ring I found rung up as a nickel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread