One more question. Ace 250

Jeremy76

Jan 16, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I went out for my first time today and had a blast. However, one reoccurring problem I had was the detector would have a solid ring, strong pinpoint, dig hole, find nothing, sweep again and nothing is there. This happened on coin and jewelry setting several times. Is this normal? Finds today: 4 nails

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a pin pointer?

OP
OP
Jeremy76

Jeremy76

Jan 16, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oops. 1 penny, 1 quarter, 1 cola pull tab and 1 brass off of a shotgun shell. I'm on my way to being a detector legend.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That should be top priority..

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

next time go in all metal and see if that helps...the hallo around the target was broke when you dug the hole and now your distcrimination is kicking in and preventing it to belltone....

OP
OP
Jeremy76

Jeremy76

Jan 16, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AdDicted2Ag said:

Pointer ordered. All advice appreciated.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had that happen with my AT PRO had a hit as though it was a dime so I dug and i have a pointer. I used my pointer and at first got a signal then it diappeared. I scanned and scanned again with both pointer and detector and nothing there. I even went out 2' beyong my hole knowing that sometime when you dig the coin falls out of your plug and you think you lost it but the pro pointer had always found it a few inches from the plug except for the one time when i found nothing

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a 250 as well. I have experienced the same thing as you. Most of the time its been a tiny bit of tinfoil or the coin fell out of the plug. But on occassions I get this as well. I know overhead electric lines cause my 250 to lose its mind. \

OP
OP
Jeremy76

Jeremy76

Jan 16, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ammo_u said:
i have a 250 as well. I have experienced the same thing as you. Most of the time its been a tiny bit of tinfoil or the coin fell out of the plug. But on occassions I get this as well. I know overhead electric lines cause my 250 to lose its mind. \

That's a good point. Now that I think about it there were power lines near the area I was searching. I'm new and learning as I go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread