Got a new At pro for a killer deal online

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well a new addition was added to the Adams family. I picked a Brand new At Pro off a lady online for 350. I couldn't resist for that price. She had used it maybe once if that. But it kinda looks like she never had used it. Anyway i used it at a local park for a bit in a sand lot and found a few quarters dimes and 2 hot wheels and a key and misc trash etc. It worked pretty well i like it. Im just not used to the settings there's so Manny. The best part about it was it was kinda raining and i was able to hunt regardless. In the past id have to go home whith my other id machines when it rained.

Now the question for the At Pro experts out there what are the best settings for trashy parks to hunt coins and jewelry and what sensitivity are people using for parks. Also what sensitivity for beaches and mode. Thanks and happy hunting to all.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does this have to do with the Tracker IV?

J/K :laughing7:

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much i suppose and that's exactly why its posted here in the Garrett section. :occasion18:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you'll like it. I guess I'll buy it for 355 so you won't fell to bad.lol.. HH

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sure it will do just fine

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a tough question, it depends on personal preferences and there are no best settings really. I don't mind a lot of noise, so I run sense a bit high, and I like to run very low scrim, if any. Try pro mode, zero mode, zero regular scrim, zero iron scrim, and run iron audio off, try sense at four bars to start. Use the three tone. I think the machine runs best at zero scrim. Give this an honest effort, at least thirty hours. Atpro has fast recovery and good seperation, even with the big dd in the trash. Like any machine, it will take some time to get used to. Good luck with it.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always spend a few trips with factory settings and then slowly adjust as I learn the machine.

dimedigger

Jan 25, 2013
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
are you going to start a thread that says dollar for dollar you can't beat an at pro ?

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today i tried pro mode with zero setting it worked ok i guess but sure is noisier than the standard mode. I also set the
iron disc to 35 but not sure where i should set it. The 2 other things that are confusing is the Auto ground balance.
It says move the coil which i did while holding the ground balance button until you hear a minimal audio response from the ground then release the button? I didn't hear anything when i did that. And the second thing was the pinpointing on this machine is a bit tricky just like on the Ace 250 . Gota find the sweet spot on the coil to learn to pinpoint with it better.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

dimedigger

Jan 25, 2013
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ha ha. couldn't help it. i'm just not a big fan of garretts

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ha ha. couldn't help it. i'm just not a big fan of garretts

Im typically not either but i needed something to hunt with when it rains and this one fit the bill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread