Waterproof garrett pp?

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does the Vibra Probe vibrate faster as you get closer to the target?

To answer your question, it does beep faster. The best thing about the Vibraprobe is that it is only sensitive at the tip and being waterproof you do not have to worry about water damage. It also floats! I'd worry about using the Garrett near water or even in the rain. If you try to waterproof it yourself, like I've seen on Youtube, you could void the warranty. The Vibra-probe is very durable. I've had mine for years and it still works perfectly! Hope this answers your question. HHing!

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Newfiehunter. That does indeed answer my question. Sounds like a great pinpoint for water use. The only hangup I have about it is that it is rather large at 14" long. But I'm sure you get used to it.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Newfiehunter. That does indeed answer my question. Sounds like a great pinpoint for water use. The only hangup I have about it is that it is rather large at 14" long. But I'm sure you get used to it.

Actually you are right, it is longer than the Garrett. That can be an advantage since you can get deeper into your hole or in tighter areas. Some may find it bulky but I don't find it hinders my hunting at all. It comes with a holster, like the Garrett. Your detector may act a little erratic if you bring it too close to your coil, so just keep it away. I have both pin- pointers and still prefer the Vibraprobe. Hope this helps.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Newfiehunter. It does help. I already have and love the Garrett PP. But I'd prefer not to risk waterproofing it for stream hunting. The vibra probe looks like just the ticket for what I'm looking to do. Thanks for the info.

Stanford

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2013
Las Cruces NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett...old one from years ago...I forget model...
puttin budet together for a new one...probably the AT pro or gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Get a VibraProbe 580 if you want a waterproof pinpointer.....It is only about $30 more than the Garrett and in my opinion the better of the two.

Yup!

Stanford

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2013
Las Cruces NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett...old one from years ago...I forget model...
puttin budet together for a new one...probably the AT pro or gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I aim to buy the vibraprobe cuz its built to be used under water...no mods...amd keep t Gpp for dry ground ......when my ATpro comes i'll invest serious time along the Rio Grande

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread