Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5x8 all the way! Got my at a year ago with stock coil.....pounded an old school and church site (both demolished and turned into a park) I found 2 silver rings and plenty of clad with stock coil. 3 months later I got the 5x8 and pulled 7 more silver rings ,5 indians , 3 mercs, 2 buffalos, 1 v nickel, and about 50 dollars in clad out from the rubbish that tge stock coil couldnt seperate. I haven't taken it off yet and I'm still hunting that site :)

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stock coil more depth and covers more ground. In a month in a half of ownership 3 gold rings and a gold braclet. The stock coil is plenty fine for me.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just ordered one from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and they were on back order. He thought they would be in this week so I am excited to see how well it works

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have mixed feelings about my 8.5 x 11 DD it is more coverage but you end up digging larger holes as the pinpoint function is not as good.
add trash and it is abit worse.
But in a clean open field with low trash it is nice.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dancing.gif
Ordered one (5x8) from Metal Detecting Stuff and UPS has it being delivered today! So far, Metal Detecting Stuff has had stuff in stock along with super service and communications.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I P.M'd you Bev inquiring about the Super Sniper in case you missed it.
I have two AT Pros. One has the concentric coil and the other has the 5x8 DD. I almost never use the sniper coil and in fact am thinking of selling it. I never show up somewhere with the 5x8 or concentric and regret I didnt bring the sniper.
The little amount of depth you gain with the large DD is not worth the aggravation with it's multiple pinpoints. The only time I think of using the large DD is in large open fields that I've already gone over with the smaller coils.

trappered

Greenie
Mar 27, 2013
nw missouri
Detector(s) used
gti 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have mixed feelings about my 8.5 x 11 DD it is more coverage but you end up digging larger holes as the pinpoint function is not as good.
add trash and it is abit worse.
But in a clean open field with low trash it is nice.
i was just told that the 6.5x9 is the better coil to buy for the at pro , lot better pin pointing and cheaper in price over the 5v8 ?

OP
OP
Jay In NewKen

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wanted to update this post after purchasing and testing out the 5x8 dd. This coil is perfect for trash areas. Although the sniper coil is more specialized for this environment, the 5x8 worked out extremely well. You can really hear the sharp edges and pinpointing was effortless. I noticed getting closed to a chain link fence was tough, at 2 bars below max, i couldn't get within about 2' of it. Depth was good, finding clad pennys at about 6". Target id was just as accurate as the stock coil. So far i'm really impressed and plan on using it exclusively in trashy parks and the stock coil in places more wide open, ie fields.

hondapartshero

Jan 9, 2013
Let us know, I just got mine and hope to make some videos this week on some hunts. I used it this past weekend at the beach and it worked great, so I'm excited to try it in the park I've been hunting for the past few months.

OP
OP
Jay In NewKen

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let us know, I just got mine and hope to make some videos this week on some hunts. I used it this past weekend at the beach and it worked great, so I'm excited to try it in the park I've been hunting for the past few months.

I think you'll noticed the benefits in the parks pretty quick. I could hear multiple items on each swing. The target separation was exactly what i was looking for. The park your going to hunt might be new all over again lol. Good luck and HH

Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread