Too Much Snow, No Ring Finds, So I Made Some Coin-Rings & Smoke Rings

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
EGGSANDAPPLE_zpsceae5a30.jpg

Headed home after work, and after another 10" of snow during the last 24 hours, I stayed home and made a smoke-snack. Actually, I have a buddy who sells jerky and sausage at the farmers market on Saturdays, so I smoked up some apples and eggs for him to try and see if he might want to sell them too. The apples are a real treat!

coins-3_zps24944d90.jpg

Because I was housebound, I thought I would make some more coin rings. One (barber dime) was made with the coin information on the inside and outside. The other three (a half, a quarter and war nickel) were made with all the information only on the inside, so they look like silver wedding bands.

coinrings_zps6f530b06.jpg

Here are the rings after a nice polish.

Below is a simple math question......

metal detecting.jpg

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seeing your coin rings NEVER gets old John, such beautiful craftsmenship. They could easily fool anyone for a more expensive piece. The presentation and the pics are really good quality and nice and close up as well.
Basically, kudos there Johnny, you know what the hells goin' on and I'm prouda ya.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those coin rings are absolutely awesome! How long did it take to work them? I'm just totally amazed at the workmanship! Amazing, just amazing!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice rings! Your posts making me want to dig smoker out of the shed. Umm,cheese. I don,t stand a chance on those rings though. Gorgeous!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread