Is the GTI 2500 Still a Player?

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In reading the many posts on this site, I see the ACE 250/350 and AT PRO written about a lot, but rarely see a post about the GTI 2500. I also see that the GTI 2500 is the most expensive Garrett unit being offered by third party sellers like Kellyco, which would lead one to believe that it is still a "hot" detector.

Question: Is the GTI 2500 still a player--is it still a unit worth using if one has a choice?

I recently retired and was finally going to have time to use my metal detector which mostly had sat in my closet. When I went to my Garrett dealer last summer to check into possible upgrades for my GTI 2500, I ended up buying an "open-box" GTX 3030, which rocked my world, to say the least. Now I am wondering if I should keep my GTI 2500 or sell it while it still has value. Is it still worth taking out and using?

Any thoughts?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure the GTI 2500 is still a very good detector... The GTI 1500 is also still a good detector even tho garrett does not make it now........ And there are still some GTI 2000's out there that are good detectors........ The Ace detectors and the AT Pro is Garretts new models and every one always want the new model that is all............ I had the Ace250 and the GTI 1500 and the 1500 was a lot better detector to me than the ace detector........I sold the Ace.................... Now i do have the AT Pro .......... and sold my 1500........... but i think my GTI 1500 was better than the AT Pro......Well i liked it better....BUT i made a mistake and sold it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread