Ace 250 Question....

jekyll23

Mar 18, 2013
Downey, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been hunting with the 250 for about 8 months now. On two different hunts I get a good tone as I pass over, but when I go back to the target it will not hit again. I have tried the wiggle method, with no luck. I have my sensitivity set at -3 bars, hunting in coin mode with zinc discriminated. One area I encountered this was in an older city park, and the other a local home built in the 40's. I am thinking that perhaps it is a deep target and my 250 sees it when I pass over but cannot lock onto the target. Any thoughts from anyone out there? Oh yesterday at the local home I mentioned I did dig 3 wheaties and a silver Rosie in about 45 minutes. So I have success with the 250 this situation just bothers me. Thanks for the read and any help or advise is appreciated.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This kind of thing happens to all of us even with the $$$ dollar jobbies. Most likely you hit a small bit of trash that was deep and when you went over it again you didn't hit it in the exact center when you hit it the first time or from a slightly different angle. An remember EMI fields can affect detectors at strange times. Was your cell phone turned off? http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/davejohnson/Electrical Interference.htm The interference affects all detectors as the coil is the antenna.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jekyll23

jekyll23

Mar 18, 2013
Downey, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Sandman...........I bet you are correct. Oh I never even gave my cell phone a thought. I think it was in my front pocket yesterday and yes it was on. I will go back to the location without a phone and see what happens.
Thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread