KJ&nugget

Mar 9, 2013
Republic of South Afrika and Wa. State USA
Detector(s) used
I use a garrett AT pro.
My son uses a Technetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are not stealing or trespassing they have a professional archeologist to identify items. They are turned over to landowners.

They are entertaining enough to make it funny. I think it's fine, I can't see the criticism. So what if they use odd phrases or words, people from around the county have phrases commonly used by locals.

They have enthusiasm and pranks. But over all it's a pretty entertaining program.

hondapartshero

Jan 9, 2013
I wouldn't mind them if they weren't so annoying with their md'ing terms (roundness, juice in the hole, etc) that I've never heard anyone say in real life. Also when the show shows them detecting the shows inserts beeps at every swing even though its obvious they're using headphones and the detector doesn't beep at every swing. Also maybe they do this in real life but their over joy over the simplest find is a bit too staged in my opinion. That being said I wish I had the connections they do to hunt on multiple properties.

Last edited:

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olook.png

Please stop.

These threads never end well.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
I agree with KJ&nugget. Don't forget - one can always change the channel or hit your Browser BACK Button.
killingme.gif

Last edited:

EMF

Dec 3, 2012
Corbin, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Tesoro Compadre 5.75" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's obvious they are "acting" lol. It is after all, TV. They said they bought dvds on metal detecting when they first started out and thought they were boring and staged, so they decided that they could make better DVDs on their own. They mixed in some ridiculous stunts and eventually created their own language. They were selling their own dvd's before they got the TV show. They own their own company, Anaconda Treasure Company, and sell Garrett Metal detectors and supplies as well.

Tim holds degrees from the University of Iowa in both German and Psychology. He has completed studies abroad at the University of Vienna, and is a certified computer programmer and web designer. So these guys aren't idiots, they just "act" like it hehe. You can read about them here... About Us

I actually enjoy watching them and find it a refreshing break from youtube videos. Like they said, most of the md videos on youtube are horribly boring and staged, more instructional textbook-like than anything else. One guy on youtube said he bet they rented their detectors lol. I guarantee you Garrett gave those AT Pros and Pro Pointers to them for advertising. Think of how many have sold after this show aired.

And of course they edit the md sounds in, the camera doesn't pick them up.

Fun stuff and sound like they would be a hoot to hunt with.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Diggers show is just plain swill and gives a poor portrait of us hunters.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have anything better to do in the winter other than shovel snow and read postings......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread