For those who are finding SILVER with the GARRETT AT GOLD!

LesLovesHunting

Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm loving the AT GOLD so far. No silvers yet though...I was wondering if any of you AT GOLD users have any favorite settings or tricks for silver? I know, I know. There has to be silver in the ground first if you want to find silver. But i have hunted a few places(relatives' old properties)that haven't been hunted so far that i thought for sure would have silver and i found a lot of clad but no silver. I was thinking of maybe turning my sensitivity way down. I tried running all metal mode to get the extra depth, but you can't discriminate on all metal mode unless you use iron audio, which can be a little overbearing if you are in a moderate trashy area. Which is probably my only complaint against the AT GOLD. All the noise kind of makes you zone it all out, or maybe i just have an attention deficit??? Actually in general if you could give me detailed favorite settings for coin shooting would be awesome. So far i am finding Disc mode 2 is working the best for me with the iron audio off. Then i turn the iron audio on if needed. I am a newbie but no dummy. I have been doing a lot of research and so far all the research i find is for the at pro. I think google may be a little biased against the at gold. JK... ground balance and ground balance window tricks? Frequency tricks? sensitivity tricks? discrimination tricks? And of course your favorite mode and the settings in that mode? I don't have a silver coin to practice with in the yard yet either.

another bit of information, the ground for me right now is a little frozen yet. I can only dig 5 or 6 inches for any target right now. I have gotten "undiggable targets" that are deeper but they are somewhat jumpy. Is that due to the frozen ground??

I'm sure the silver will come as long as i stay at it, but i was hoping to hit the ground running when my soil starts to unthaw more.

There really is a huge lack of information available on the internet for the AT GOLD. Or at least compared to the AT PRO.

Your help and information would be greatly appreciated, thanks,
Les

Last edited:

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kind of depth are you getting with the at gold? i'm thinking of buying one myself

OP
OP
L

LesLovesHunting

Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had targets with no VDI showing and still hearing faint beeps. The module only displays up to 10 inches. so that usually means 12 inches or so. Or at least that's what i understand from the research i have been doing.
Les

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LesLovesHunting

Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yeah, by the way i just ordered a NEL ATTACK COIL. 15" coil for the AT GOLD. I will let you guys know how that works out too. It should be here in a couple weeks or so.

dougj7

Dec 3, 2009
Ulster Co. NY
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a silver barber quarter on my first day using the AT Gold using the stock 5x8 dd coil. It was about 5" deep. I think you said it right above.. the silver has to be there in order to find it. I also found a bunch of clad, some even deeper than the silver. I use the disc1 mode with iron disc at 28, iron audio off most of the time, sensitivity at 7.. one below max. There really is no magic settings.. whatever works for you. For practice: place a coin on the ground in a clean area, then sweep the coil over the coin while gradually raising the coil until you no longer hear any sound. That will make it easier to recognise what a deep coin could sound like. It's probably a good idea to dig everything for the first few hunts or until you get used to the sound a good target makes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread