Took Both The AT Pro + AT Gold Out Yesterday...What Crazy Finds I Found......

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
allhillfinds_zps4421332e.jpg

I headed out to a baseball diamond, only to see 3/4 of it still covered with a foot of snow. So......I wandered to a couple of sites where the south facing slopes were dry, and even sometimes even permeable with a digger or relic shovel. The AT Pro had the 9" x 12" concentric coil on it, so I hunted the more wider open spots of available hunting grounds. The AT Gold was used with the 5" x 8" coil in tight to reach places. I hunted using the zero discrimination mode on both, with the iron audio set at 40 and turned on. I dug most targets at VDI readings of 60+ if they sounded stable and repeatable in all directions. No silver coins were found, but the potential was there. I settled with under a dollar in change, hunting 6 hours in the field with the temperature 3 degrees above freezing. That rewarded me a huge appetite for food, a good workout and an excellent night's sleep.

sage_zps0e10cf56.jpg

Amongst my travels, I found a patch of wild sage. The natives around here have used it for healing puposes, smoking it in peace pipes and smudging for religious ceremonials for thousands of years. My wife and I have some Cree friends, and they did a very touching smudging ceremony for my son's death last year. The herb remains very special to me, so I bound up the batch and smudged our house with it, as it has a very nice aroma to it.

bulletwheats_zpsbfc9df58.jpg

The potential for silver was there, however, not today. I got a couple of Wheat Cents along with an old 30-06 cartridge which looked like someone has tossed it in a fire. Both the projectile and firing pin blasted out, living the remaining cartridge metal all mangled. A real stupid thing to do....I hope nobody was hurt when it fired.

BLASTINGCAP_zps4d02e3ff.jpg

I dug this weird thingy? Some kind of electrical device. Has anyone ever worked with explosives? I was wondering if this might be an old blasting cap of some sort. It remains a mystery to me.

ds_zpsedc46d81.jpg

Nothing I would part-take in, but I must say the person who was glass-blowing and made this glass "BONG" was very talented. At the same time, I couldn't help to think his brain might look like the design on the front bowl of the pipe. :laughing9:

Attachments

• BIC LIGHTER..jpg
    BIC LIGHTER..jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 233

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
John if the local dope head saw that wonderful sage and that awesome dope pipe, then I reckon he would pack that pipe up with that killer sage and smoke the hell out of it. :alien:

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John if the local dope head saw that wonderful sage and that awesome dope pipe, then I reckon he would pack that pipe up with that killer sage and smoke the hell out of it. :alien:

Lol better then pot

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds John-Edmonton! Maybe (some kind of electrical device) is a filament from inside a light bulb?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great day hunting.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some ones party spot...

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
John-Edmonton is an awesome member and perennial good finds poster and die-hard Garrett guy. I learned a hell of a lot from him. I bust his balls because I love the frikin guy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread