Got My First Old Silver For This Year Using The AT Gold

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
slingshot_zps416be358.jpg

Headed out this afternoon for a hunt. I thought I'd take out the AT Gold for a change, as some of my areas had some thick brush. It worked as a charm.....100% sensitivity, iron mode on/off depending on the amount of junk present and ran it in the true all metal mode in places with little junk, peeking at the VDI hoping for a reading in the 80's, which it did on the silver and some of the pennies. More weird finds......a slingshot, a car and the usual junk.

HRL_zps616bef61.jpg

I dug a very old toy car......some kid lost it some 80 years ago. I bet he was heart-broken too!

dime_zps5a71293f.jpg

Here's the silver coin and a couple of bics...still working. That's another two less lighters which could have gotten into the wrong hands. :angry4:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, nice Canadian! So do you suppose it was a Studebaker or a Stutz Bearcat? It is a good thing when a detector does what it is supposed to and what you expect it to do, makes for a good day. I'd put some new bands on that slingshot before I pulled on it!!.....................63bkpkr

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny, I just checked out that song on You tube 2 days ago.
And I got a 1903 dime like yours on my last hunt.
ZDD

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread