Where does Palladium Class Rings register on an AT Pro?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Looks like no one knows GRiley!

OP
OP
G

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did a search to heal the woes of my curiousity on this matter, found Friendly Metal Detecting Forums - AT-Pro VDI Numbers ...the palladium ring he found rang 46. Hope this helps

Thanks very much for your research, That list will come in quite handy as I am learning my new AT-Pro. I see the ring he found was 18ct and Palladium. That could be why the high reading. From what I have read Palladium is used in place of Nickle and Silver in some Jewelry to turn it white. It also doesn't tarnish.

http://www.palladiumcoins.com/jewelry.html

Usually Palladium rings are 95% as I read the article. Thus it could have a different reading. My whole reason for asking this question is I have Whites detectors and this AT-Pro. I remember reading a metal detecting article many years ago when Palladium first became popular in class rings to replace the expensive gold ones. It is now half the price of Gold but used to be much cheaper. The article said something to the effect that it read in the upper trash area of his detector. I wasn't real interested in Palladium at the time so I didn't pay a lot of attention to the article. Now I'm sure there are a lot of lost ones out there and I'm interested. I may be way off on my recollections thus my question.

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no answer to the question. Rings are too varied to give an answer. Coin numbers are more reliable. That's why the ring guys dig all mid range signals.

OP
OP
G

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no answer to the question. Rings are too varied to give an answer. Coin numbers are more reliable. That's why the ring guys dig all mid range signals.

Hi Gleaner,
Yes you are right. I wasn't looking for an exact number so much as an area on the scale. If they read in the same area as small Gold rings, Large Gold rings or both depending on size or as Silver rings or as trash (iron or small pieces of foil). I should have been more specific in my reason for asking. Thanks.......G

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread