The Pro-Pointer is invincible!

Digger92

Apr 11, 2013
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Inherited 70s Garrett Fortune Hunter, Bounty Hunter Elite 2200, Fisher F5, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well after the first week of use the Garrett Pro-Pointer still performs perfect... Even after some rough use. I used it in shallow water multiple times, beat it it up in gravel, and it even dropped from my truck onto the asphalt. This thing is not only a huge help, but it is built to last! I am impressed with its quality and look forward to more Garrett products in the future

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're a coin flip. Mine's is used and abused and never had an issue with ever. Got one for a relative, second time out under VERY light use, on/off switch broke. I was a little pissed that I had to pay shipping to return it for an exchange!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
So far my pointer has been great Digger92.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine hasen't missed a beat! I do however have to "detune" it a lot to pin point inside the dig hole,though. It seems to have almost too much range? If a coin is in the side of the hole,it is constantly going off,until I "dummy it up"!

Last edited:

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine had to go back twice for the same thing, beeping like a dying animal on its last breath. It worked flawlessly when I first got it, and I am VERY careful with it so I can honestly say it's not abused. I haven't got it back yet so (second time) I'll let you know how that goes.

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had a problem w mine...I beat the hell out of it, but I have a waterproof coating on it of rubber plasti-coat spray, so, to all those that gave bad luck w theirs....first change the battery...make sure its snug in there (i put duct tape around mine so it fits snug between the fins so it won't wobble)...THEN call Garrett if its still actin wonky.... Honestly, I think half the "broke" ones aren't broke at all... Garrett is awesome, and ill b a fan boy for life

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had any issues with mine blows away my automax v2 its a cross though really like my sunray aswell both great tools

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine should be back tomorrow according to UPS, I am anxious to see if it is fixed.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There great when they work but when they start beeping in mid air with nothing around id like to run it over with my truck

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was exactly what mine was doing, I hope it's fixed.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I have had and still have 2 ProPointers for 2 years plus and I did take mine directly to Garretts just for a checkup, well I screwed up one myself. Neither of mine false under tip pressure at all, and no other problems at all. Garretts did replace the outter skin on both as a no-brainer, which might be why I am successful at not having any falses. My point is that if you explain your problems in depth, you will get stellar results. Nay sayers against the ProPointer just need to be a little more patient. I love my ProPointers. martin

I've never had any issues with mine blows away my automax v2 its a cross though really like my sunray aswell both great tools

Last edited:

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my opinion, the Pro Pointer is highly over-rated. Received mine this past Christmas. Didn't even work! Returned it at my expense. It is a backup to my Vibroprobe 580 which is more durable and waterproof to a hundred feet. Seems like everyone jumped on the bandwagon on this one.

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive used two different garrett pro pointers that did the same thing that dustytraiuls123 and badpenny described, took them over to garrett's and they replaced the outter body of both, but they couldnt tell us exactly what the problem was with them, if something malfunctions it would be nice to know why

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thinking about the vibra probe for my next one too

You won't go wrong with the Vibra Probe...You don't have to worry about getting it wet, it is quiet and no switches to worry about breaking. It is the better of the two. It can be hit or miss with Garrett Pro-pointers. Guess you can get a good one or you could get a dud.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread