Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, its not even worth arguing about it dude its just someone who chose to buy a certain detector he can't wait for it & u put his choice down real cool no one puts ur choice of detector down

Help me here! This is the first neg post I have seen here and I am patiently awaiting my Garrett AT Pro tomorrow (did I make a mistake). Its almost like the Hatfield's and McCoys all the sudden

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In all fairness, I didn't see why a Mod had to receive a report re: any post on this thread.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No u didn't make a mistake in my experience with the pro I'd very good its found a lot of targets deep I mainly used it for relic hunting which having the iron audio helps tremendous I might ad & also parks fields etc I've had it in alit of places my hunting partner uses a dfx we have compared many targets from what we have come up with it does keep up to the higher model detectors my wife is new as of a month ago I got her into it she stole the detector from me now I got the v3i cuz I'm more of a program tweeker that worked for me but she is grabbing a lot of coins watch the vids on YouTube read ur manual ul realize u made a good choice don't worry

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all fairness, I didn't see why a Mod had to receive a report re: any post on this thread.

Rules were broken that is why it was reported....... Attack on members, this is also Garrett forum, you can't attack brand names on their forum....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No u didn't make a mistake in my experience with the pro I'd very good its found a lot of targets deep I mainly used it for relic hunting which having the iron audio helps tremendous I might ad & also parks fields etc I've had it in alit of places my hunting partner uses a dfx we have compared many targets from what we have come up with it does keep up to the higher model detectors my wife is new as of a month ago I got her into it she stole the detector from me now I got the v3i cuz I'm more of a program tweeker that worked for me but she is grabbing a lot of coins watch the vids on YouTube read ur manual ul realize u made a good choice don't worry
I get the impression you think I'm unhappy/unsatisfied with my latest purchase. I'm not. It's true I wasn't overwhelmingly impressed but I'm not disappointed either. I've got to hunt with it several more times before I'll form my overall opinion.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get the impression you think I'm unhappy/unsatisfied with my latest purchase. I'm not. It's true I wasn't overwhelmingly impressed but I'm not disappointed either. I've got to hunt with it several more times before I'll form my overall opinion.

No not at all I was repling to the other guy uncle Jeff who was asking if he had made a mistake purchaseing the pro I'm still just in awe that I mean I know dusty & myself mayb didn't see eye to eye but I didn't think just for that he would b timed out without a warning or something I guess

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent said anything about garretts that isnt true i use a garrett i have more hours on it then i would care to admit...if you dont want me posting my opinions on the garrett line a detector that i use daily then go ahead and ban me i can find another site where freedom of speech still applies

Dusty was asked to back off of Garrett, this is Garrett forum, instead of backing off he challenged the mod who is doing his job and said to ban him....

Dusty is on a 1 week timeout .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Help me here! This is the first neg post I have seen here and I am patiently awaiting my Garrett AT Pro tomorrow (did I make a mistake). Its almost like the Hatfield's and McCoys all the sudden

Jeff, i don't believe you've made a mistake at all. I upgraded to the AT Pro in January, giving my dad my A250. The Pro is definitely better, in my opinion. The waterproof feature is well worth the extra $$$. When the local parks clear out becuz of rain, it time to swing!

It does take time to learn so be patient. I recommend learning pro mode as it tells you more. Read and watch all the garrett vids and you'll do fine.

Now, are other detectors better, sure, but the AT Pro will hunt just fine.

Jay

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on what kind of machine you're "upgrading" from. If you're using an Ace or some other entry level machine, you'll probably think it's the cats meow. If you are use to a more capable unit, it may not impress you much.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on what kind of machine you're "upgrading" from. If you're using an Ace or some other entry level machine, you'll probably think it's the cats meow. If you are use to a more capable unit, it may not impress you much.

Excellent point! +1

ks_hunter

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita, KS Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Tesoro Tejon & 2 Banditos, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how the only "basher" on this thread doesn't list their tools in their profile...... Just on the outside looking in >.<...

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny how the only "basher" on this thread doesn't list their tools in their profile...... Just on the outside looking in >.<...
He has an Ace 350, with many many hours on it. The guy has dug lots of silver with it too. Definitely not on the outside looking in.
He just doesn't like it based on his experience with it. He has his opinions same as everyone else.

ks_hunter

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita, KS Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Tesoro Tejon & 2 Banditos, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I men't to say I was on the outside looking in.. Sorry bout that. :P

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent said anything about garretts that isnt true i use a garrett i have more hours on it then i would care to admit...if you dont want me posting my opinions on the garrett line a detector that i use daily then go ahead and ban me i can find another site where freedom of speech still applies

no ? Nothing about Garretts ? Hmmm ?

What have you been saying about Our members who Buy Garretts ?

You are attacking Members. & apparently you were warned before.

& for the record I don't give 1 week timeouts, If you had gotten your requested ban from me, it would have been longer :laughing7:

Last edited:

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what did I miss. I own an AT PRO and enjoy it. No machine, and I mean no machine is going to be perfect if it was then we all would own it, period. You can purchase one of those mega machines that can even make you coffee in the field if you like but if you don't learn it then you got a piece of crap regardless. Now before Dusty goes off on me, I am not implying he doesn't know his machine. But you would think by now he would know what he is digging? What makes me laugh are people that go out an purchase a very expensive camera... they spend thousands of dollars on these camera's and then shoot them on Auto... hell why did you buy it. It isn't the camera that is going to take those awesome photos it is the photographer, who learned the camera and what all those dials do, to take that one in a million shot. My point is the same holds true with ANY detector, learn the machine, learn what it is saying to you and ANY machine will find you treasure. Some will require a little more work to get that treasure but if you know what it is telling you, you will dig some nice stuff.

A few weeks ago I took the AT Pro to an old picnic grove that had been gone over by a few guys and their detectors. I decided to take a stroll through the place and after a few minutes of swinging I realized the place was covered with trash. Nails, cans, bottle tops, anything you could imagine was on the ground. But I still nailed some coins, nothing great, but the AT Pro with the smaller coil separated out the junk. Again I know my machine, I know what the buttons do, and I know the sound, AND I am still learning. Look I am NO pro, just a guy swinging what I could afford and having a good time with it and my little white dog too.

I hope someone digs the big cache and retires but I am happy and get excited digging anything that puts a smile on my face. Enjoy your machine, you made a good choice and be sure to share your finds with us.

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A lot more,of the success depends on the "operator" than the machine!:thumbsup: When you learn the machine,and it's features,and what it is telling you,your finds will increase. When you dig a bottle cap,it didn't "fool" the machine. It fooled the operator.:icon_scratch:Learning to use "iron audio" will eliminate that,90% of the time. They all will signal "trash targets" it's up to the person running the machine to "know" the difference.

Last edited:

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe that 350 has Iron audio, and that is the one thing I use a lot when I have an iffy target.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread