Tested Out My Floating Sifter Today And Got A Ring Too!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Headed out this afternoon to a lake. It's been pounded and pounded and pounded. I used the Garrett Infinium LS, as it always breaths some new life in a target-sterile body of water. Lots of bottle caps, but still managed a few coins and a toe ring. Weird ring too....after polishing it, it came out with a copper patina, yet stuck to a magnet? Oh well, a ring is a ring is a ring is a ring is a ring.......

The sifter when empty, sits in the water, with about 3/8" water covering the top Garrett plastic classifier. When you dump a load of sand in, you just let it sift by itself. For faster results, you justshake the apparatis and the sand sifts very quickly. Hunting in the shallow water is a breeze. You just scoop in as many targets as you can, then take a break, clear out the sand and carefully look amongst the remaining stones for good targets. I suppose a water proof Pro Pointer would really make it easier. To check the sifter for targets, you just run the tip of the coil underneath the classifier to check for a target. It's that easy.

I am considering getting another plastic screen to make the holes a little smaller. I will have to balance a slower sifter vs. loosing smaller targets, but still collecting all coins and probably all rings.

bird.jpg

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the hunt that made you revamp your sifter with the new mesh?? :)

*edit* Great hunt by the way, at least it wasn't a bust!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread