Tenderfoot
May 7, 2013
Palestine, AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I just bought a new AT Pro, and hunted with it for the first time yesterday. I am noticing that sometimes when I get a high signal, no number will show up on the display, this also happens on iron signals as well but mostly on higher tones. I have already ground balanced it, so I don't think it is that. Just wondering if anybody has noticed this. I haven't messed with any of the settings. Also I am hunting in PRO mode coins. Thanks

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An extremely deep target will give audio but no target ID display. In Pro mode, you will know it is a deep target because the proportionate audio response is quieter on a deep target.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
H

hawgfan

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2013
Palestine, AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback, I dig everything and most of the targets that didn't show up on the display were 3 to 4 inches, but some would. I am wondering if my machine is defective. I will keep trying and see what happens, I really don't want to send it in, since I just got it. Thanks again for the help

Forgot to add all of the audio I was getting was loud just like it was a surface find.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello I just bought a new AT Pro, and hunted with it for the first time yesterday. I am noticing that sometimes when I get a high signal, no number will show up on the display, this also happens on iron signals as well but mostly on higher tones. I have already ground balanced it, so I don't think it is that. Just wondering if anybody has noticed this. I haven't messed with any of the settings. Also I am hunting in PRO mode coins. Thanks
If you want to hunt in "coin mode" try standard coin mode. I may be wrong but I don't think it will detect as deep in standard mode,and you should be able to read the VDI. The zero pro mode is the best for me,now that I have some time on the machine. It gives you a lot of information,once you catch on to it's signals,and what it's telling you.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Something doesn't sound right. If the target is only 3-4 inches deep, you should get a vdi reading of some sort. Maybe try burying a coin at that depth and see if you get a reading. Small metal, i mean real small, can produce a blank vdi. Just guessing tho. Perhaps a factor reset wouldn't hurt either.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But! After finding the target at 3-4 " did you then re-check the hole for anything else!
Could be another target but deeper...

Pete

Thanks for the feedback, I dig everything and most of the targets that didn't show up on the display were 3 to 4 inches, but some would. I am wondering if my machine is defective. I will keep trying and see what happens, I really don't want to send it in, since I just got it. Thanks again for the help

Forgot to add all of the audio I was getting was loud just like it was a surface find.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noticed same thing on mine before I traded it. Usually was trash/ iron halos causing any array of tones with no VDI number.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
H

hawgfan

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2013
Palestine, AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never thought about really small trash, I have always found my target in the hole and went on to the next hole lol. I guess I need to start rechecking them. Thanks

Most of the targets I dug when this was happening were trash, small nails and pieces of rust.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a few of them beeps with no VDI and I did dig them, and there was always something there, trash, and they were pretty deep, the Pro Pointer found them for me.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ran into this today too. I was hunting around a tot lot w/my sens turned all the way down. It was sounding off just fine but no vdi sometimes. Turned the sens up and vdi showed up just fine.
Dunno if your sensitivity had anything to do with it , but it did mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread