AT Pro, no bottle caps here!!!!!!!!!

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sill in the beginning stages of a full on learning curve, Im sure Im not utilizing the machines full potential, but when I do, Look Out. Not a single bottle cap or pull tab in the bunch, but we dont hunt places where people throw their trash like parks and local beaches, we hunt in areas where most people wont go, not even the ticks. Its a great time well spent with my daughter on the weekends, and our hobby is slowly becoming a passion. :wink:
digging.jpg photo.JPG back.JPG footholdtrap.JPG
capgun.JPG miscfinds.JPG

The coin has been identified as
a George I Hibernia halfpenny (or farthing). The halfpenny is Circa. 1722-1724. (most common date is 1723)
The foothold trap and misc were pulled from the same area, the shotshell caps date back to 1890s to early 1900's, theres 2 lead balls that I cant date, square nail, hatchet head, and the item to the left of the hatchet head is some type of ornament pulled from a scattered area where an old stove once sat, I do have a plate (not dinner) off the stove as well, it dates 1897. The cap gun was found in the backyard, and it goes back to the 50s. I have several other odds and ends but found these to be interesting. Hitting the woods again in the AM with my lil one, keep on digging.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful with that trap! It's loaded!
not sure if it will snap after all the time in the ground
but still, watch it!

What a great hobby for you and your daughter! very nice..

Pete

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,the trap is SET,and could possibly go off.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job with the coin

OP
OP
AC500

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up, I do know the trap is loaded, I actually set it and tested it, I was a bit surprised how quick it was to snap shut it was.

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was younger I used to trap muskrats! Those victor traps are quick. It's amazing it still works,after being in the ground all those years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread