Beach Finds with AT Pro and 5 X 8 coil

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
Just received the 5 X 8 coil for my AT Pro from Big Boys Hobbies and couldn't wait to take it to the beach. Went out yesterday evening to a nearby Florida Gulf beach for about an hour, and did pretty good.

Found about three dollars in coins - quarters, nickles, dimes, and pennies. Including three wheat pennies (1930, 1945, 1952).

Also found a nice Fossil watch. And just as I was getting ready to leave, got a tone with 80 showing on the display. Dug it, and found a large .925 silver ring.

I really like the 5 x 8 coil. Much lighter, and less stress on the elbow. Also tends to teach you to swing slower. Works great on the beach. Dry sand and wet sand. Will be trying it in the water soon.

Bill

Attachments

• mdfindsjune19.jpg
    mdfindsjune19.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 96
  • mdfindsjune19wide.jpg
    mdfindsjune19wide.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 112

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! What was your sens at and what depths were your findings in the wet sand? Just curious

OP
OP
GuerillaBill

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
I run in Pro Zero, and set the ground balance often as I move from dry to wet sand.

With the larger coil, I had to set the sensitivity down two notches on the dry sand. But with the 5 x 8, I was able to run full sensitivity on the dry sand. On wet sand, I had to drop the sensitivity two notches with the 5 x 8.

In the dry sand with the 5 x 8, I was finding coins as deep as 10 inches. The ring was about eight inches down, and the AT Pro screamed when I passed the 5 x 8 over it.

Bill

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great days work!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JRMan

Mar 20, 2013
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer,
White's Coinmaster 6000/Di Professional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I have not tried my new 5 x 8 coil at the beach yet but I plan to shortly.. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread