AT Pro on the beach again -

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
Spent an hour on a Florida Gulf Coast beach yesterday evening. Small beach, not many people there.

As soon as I started detecting a man walked up and said, 'You won't find anything. A guy with a detector just left - he was here for hours and scoured the entire beach.'

I thanked him and explained I was there mainly for the exercise, and it wouldn't bother me not to find anything.

I set the AT Pro to Zero Pro mode, set the iron discrimination to 35, set the sensitivity down two notches, and did a ground balance.

Then I proceeded down the beach, and promptly found a heart ring with a faux diamond, a four leaf clover pendant, several dimes and quarters, and a seashell encrusted metal object that sounded like silver (photos below).

I found the ring eight inches down in wet sand, and the four leaf clover pendant six inches below a shell pile left by the outgoing tide.

I was using the 8 X 5 coil and the Detecting Buddy Sling, which is a great combination for beach hunting.

I'm going back this evening -

Bill

Attachments

• mdfindsjune26.jpg
    mdfindsjune26.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 125

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I smile every time someone tells me that the place has been hunted before....LOVE the AT Pro with the 8x5

Spent an hour on a Florida Gulf Coast beach yesterday evening. Small beach, not many people there.

As soon as I started detecting a man walked up and said, 'You won't find anything. A guy with a detector just left - he was here for hours and scoured the entire beach.'

I thanked him and explained I was there mainly for the exercise, and it wouldn't bother me not to find anything.

I set the AT Pro to Zero Pro mode, set the iron discrimination to 35, set the sensitivity down two notches, and did a ground balance.

Then I proceeded down the beach, and promptly found a heart ring with a faux diamond, a four leaf clover pendant, several dimes and quarters, and a seashell encrusted metal object that sounded like silver (photos below).

I found the ring eight inches down in wet sand, and the four leaf clover pendant six inches below a shell pile left by the outgoing tide.

I was using the 8 X 5 coil and the Detecting Buddy Sling, which is a great combination for beach hunting.

Bill

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, nice finds and it looks like you figured it out.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job. You really did good knowing those circumstances. Like the way you handled it....

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These beach stories with the ATP definitely good to hear. Hitting the beach again and for the last time this year in July at the Jersey shore.

Congrats on your finds on the "scoured" beach LoL!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bill
Guess,you showed him,it wasn't cleaned up as much as he thought it was!:laughing7::thumbsup:

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really can't stand people who puke at the mouth
and have no idea what the hell they are saying...
Did he see you putting stuff in your pocket? hahah

Pete

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha again it just does not seize to maze me the pro is an awesome detector for everything

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
Nice finds, I don't know how many times I have gone right behind someone and found things they miss. I have even had it happen to me. If you miss it on the swing then someone else gets the bling. LOL

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Bill

Good for you Bill do your own thing and don't listen to anyone else. Thats the way to roll in this hobby.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you Bill do your own thing and don't listen to anyone else. Thats the way to roll in this hobby.

Exactly do what u want as Long as it makes ya happy. It is pretty good when u totally prove someone wrong to

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread