Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I can really say is, awesome! I got both in the mail today, because my wrists have been killing me from digging so many deeper plugs, and also swinging that AT Pro so much lately. I know it's not THAT heavy, but my wrists aren't used to that kind of abuse, and it was getting to the point where I couldn't use my hand very much. These tools definitely help!

The Detecting Buddy is very simple to hook up and use, and really does feel like someone else is holding your detector for you. I can take my stand off of the detector now, because when I bend down to check the plug, it hangs nicely just above the ground. It does put a little bit of pressure on the back of your neck, but I figure it's more than worth it in the trade off for being able to relieve my hand and wrist from that added work. So far, it's held up good, even though it's only the first day, so time will tell, but I really do like it so far!

Now for the Lesche Sampson 31 Inch T Handle (Serrated Edge) Tool... I love, love, love this thing! I can dig holes all day long now, without feeling like it. I even was digging the trashier signals just because I could. Now I'll definitely dig those ring signals, not get frustrated when they're pop tabs. I was getting blisters on my hands from my Garrett Digging tool, hitting tree roots, digging in rocky areas, etc. It was killing my hands and wrists also, and I think it added to the wrist pain I was having, trying to dig down into some rough areas in the ground. This tool cuts in the ground like butter, and you don't even hardly feel the smaller tree roots. It cuts clean, and you get a really nice solid plug if you're in decent dirt, which means less mess, and cleaner replacement of the plug. You use it just like a shovel, but if you are on your knees and need a shovel, you can still use it, as it's nice and light. (About 2 lbs I think) You do have to carry it, but it's not bad to throw over your shoulder while sweeping. I almost went with the 18 inch, but after some reading and research, it just seemed that the 31 inch would be the best choice for me right now. My wrists are definitely thanking me so far.

I hope this helps others that are having any type of shoulder or hand trouble detecting. I probably should have put this in the general metal detector section, but I know more of you here in the Garrett Forums. :)

Take Care, and Happy Hunting!

Ron

Attachments

• detecting buddy.jpg
    detecting buddy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 317
  • SampsonT_Serrated_1.jpg
    SampsonT_Serrated_1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 188

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice additions sapper I have the 18" samson & absolutly love it. Love it to the point that I had a matching bomb sheath made from buzz & I bring it everywhere I bring my small hand lesche great great shovels

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm, I wonder if I could rig up some type of holster. I might be too short though.

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree about the 31 inch Sampson. Awesome I am going to rig a carrier on my wheel chair. Happy Hunting everyone.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk to buzz I mean he custom makes them all ya know he could make u one longer then my samson 1 cant hurt to ask if he could beleive me its not one thats gonna fall apart anytime soon its built in América & it shows

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130628_210143.png
    ForumRunner_20130628_210143.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 135

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, I have a sling coming for my Sampson, it should be here today, I'll let you know if it works or not.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I can really say is, awesome! I got both in the mail today, because my wrists have been killing me from digging so many deeper plugs, and also swinging that AT Pro so much lately. I know it's not THAT heavy, but my wrists aren't used to that kind of abuse, and it was getting to the point where I couldn't use my hand very much. These tools definitely help!

The Detecting Buddy is very simple to hook up and use, and really does feel like someone else is holding your detector for you. I can take my stand off of the detector now, because when I bend down to check the plug, it hangs nicely just above the ground. It does put a little bit of pressure on the back of your neck, but I figure it's more than worth it in the trade off for being able to relieve my hand and wrist from that added work. So far, it's held up good, even though it's only the first day, so time will tell, but I really do like it so far!

Now for the Lesche Sampson 31 Inch T Handle (Serrated Edge) Tool... I love, love, love this thing! I can dig holes all day long now, without feeling like it. I even was digging the trashier signals just because I could. Now I'll definitely dig those ring signals, not get frustrated when they're pop tabs. I was getting blisters on my hands from my Garrett Digging tool, hitting tree roots, digging in rocky areas, etc. It was killing my hands and wrists also, and I think it added to the wrist pain I was having, trying to dig down into some rough areas in the ground. This tool cuts in the ground like butter, and you don't even hardly feel the smaller tree roots. It cuts clean, and you get a really nice solid plug if you're in decent dirt, which means less mess, and cleaner replacement of the plug. You use it just like a shovel, but if you are on your knees and need a shovel, you can still use it, as it's nice and light. (About 2 lbs I think) You do have to carry it, but it's not bad to throw over your shoulder while sweeping. I almost went with the 18 inch, but after some reading and research, it just seemed that the 31 inch would be the best choice for me right now. My wrists are definitely thanking me so far.

I hope this helps others that are having any type of shoulder or hand trouble detecting. I probably should have put this in the general metal detector section, but I know more of you here in the Garrett Forums. :)

Take Care, and Happy Hunting!

Ron
Ron,that Detecting Buddy is the cat's azz,isn't it!:thumbsup: I use the sholder pad slid all the way back until it's touching,the other pads! It's nice to raise up and have the MD get up with you. After using it for a while,you don't want to go without it. Large coil,or small coil,makes no difference,you can swing all day in comfort!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally agree 100% detecting buddy all the way

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No doubt, I don't think I'll ever go out without it again. After just having the detecting buddy and the Sampson 31 inch for a couple of days, my wrists are feeling much better, not completely, but I can snap my fingers again, so I know it's getting much better. Best 25 bucks spent so far on that. I do the same technique with the shoulder pad, sliding it all the way up. When I first got it, I had it slid way down, and kept thinking, man, this thing sure digs into my neck... Then my wife came over, smiled and slid it up, and I just looked at her and was like, duh... lol :)

The Sampson has been great also. No more wrestling with tree roots. It has such nice leverage, that if I hit anything, I can just give it a nice pry and they usually snap. I barely use my Garrett digger anymore, the Sampson works even on my knees.

Definitely a big difference, I'm one happy detector!

Thanks RKS for posting about that detecting buddy. That's what got me thinking about it, and now I can't imagine

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt, I don't think I'll ever go out without it again. After just having the detecting buddy and the Sampson 31 inch for a couple of days, my wrists are feeling much better, not completely, but I can snap my fingers again, so I know it's getting much better. Best 25 bucks spent so far on that. I do the same technique with the shoulder pad, sliding it all the way up. When I first got it, I had it slid way down, and kept thinking, man, this thing sure digs into my neck... Then my wife came over, smiled and slid it up, and I just looked at her and was like, duh... lol :)

The Sampson has been great also. No more wrestling with tree roots. It has such nice leverage, that if I hit anything, I can just give it a nice pry and they usually snap. I barely use my Garrett digger anymore, the Sampson works even on my knees.

Definitely a big difference, I'm one happy detector!

Thanks RKS for posting about that detecting buddy. That's what got me thinking about it, and now I can't imagine

For real if u think its getting better I strongly suggest even a used 18" samson its the best of both worlds t handle small enough I got a bomb sheath for it & it is now my main digger I thought it was way to small & wanted the 36" im 6'1" so i was like no way to small but wife got it for me anyway & im so glad she did I like the big one but I think being the 18" I can get more use out of it parks etc being not a huge handle same size shovel end definetly look into even used I guarrantee u wont b disapointed

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For real if u think its getting better I strongly suggest even a used 18" samson its the best of both worlds t handle small enough I got a bomb sheath for it & it is now my main digger I thought it was way to small & wanted the 36" im 6'1" so i was like no way to small but wife got it for me anyway & im so glad she did I like the big one but I think being the 18" I can get more use out of it parks etc being not a huge handle same size shovel end definetly look into even used I guarrantee u wont b disapointed

I was very close to getting the 18 inch, but went with the 31. It's a good point though, when you're in parks, you can get some very funny looks carrying such a long tool. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for one, I doubt I'd ever find a used one though, lol. I don't think people give them up unless they quit detecting. I'll have to save up my clad and get one next. Is that 18 inches total with the blade included? It just seems so short, but I can see how it would be an awesome tool!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is its 18" from end to end I was sayin the exact thing u r now it sure doesnt dig like an 18" digs like the 46" check these pics out

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130630_162115.png
    ForumRunner_20130630_162115.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 334

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a sweet setup! I love how it even has a Pro-Pointer holster built in. I'll definitely keep the 18 inch in mind, like I said, I just don't want my wife to stab me in my sleep. (I've been ordering a lot lately, so I gotta start slowing down a bit) I love the sheaths also, who made them again? Buzz? Can you post a link to his site if he has one?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya on buying things just bought a deus xp the other day & a knee high water scoop I gotta slow down to his site I think I just googled bomb sheaths & it poped right up & he is in the forsale Forum showing a couple different styles he hooked me up I ordered both at same time & asked id he could make em black he did & made them twins I take em everywhere I go

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear ya on buying things just bought a deus xp the other day & a knee high water scoop I gotta slow down to his site I think I just googled bomb sheaths & it poped right up & he is in the forsale Forum showing a couple different styles he hooked me up I ordered both at same time & asked id he could make em black he did & made them twins I take em everywhere I go
It's always better to ask for forgivness,than ask for permission!:laughing7:

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol true!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My hunting buddy ,just ordered a Garrett Pro Pointer,and a 31 inch Sampson digger! After watching them in action,he said,"well I know what I need to order"! When he hit's a deep signal he yells out,"get out the track hoe" and points to the Sampson! LOL!:laughing7:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"just bought a deus xp the other day " Let me be the first to say,Traitor!:laughing7:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions