OP
OP
C

CarbonMan

Greenie
Jun 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rain and Tornado warnings here today, but did call garrett and they want me to try a few things first. Will let you guys know tomorrow.

Thanks for all the tips!
CM

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carbon,
Please tell us what things he had you check so we all will know for future reference to help others.
Thanks buddy
Pete

OP
OP
C

CarbonMan

Greenie
Jun 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK here's an update:

I called Garrett about the issue and they were very helpful. They noticed in my video that my cord was a little loose and that my sensitivity was at default (-2). They wanted me to try lowering the sensitivity and re wrapping the cord, which I did. At the advice of another forum member I ran the cord up straight for the first 10-12" and then secured it with Velcro straps. I then tightly would cord to the top and secured again with velcro.

The unit no longer was going "haywire" in the air tests, but then again it's more of a sporadic occurrence so nothing to say it won't happen again.

I then went outside once rain and tornado warnings had ceased. Went back to same pit area and the unit was set down to the lowest possible sensitivity and I was still getting false/phantom hits anywhere I scanned. Unless rabbit sh*t is metallic there is something going on with this coil.

I called Garrett and they said I probably have a bad coil so they are sending me a out a new one. I'll give an update once I receive the new coil. I'm hoping this resolves the issue so I can hit the beach again.

Thanks again for all the tips and advice.

Regards,
CM

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it worked then a foot from the coil all mine r like that, thats I said I had a,feeling

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread