One thing about that At-Pro...

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amen to that! In fact I just got my waterproof headphones delivered yesterday and plan on hitting the water here shortly! I don't know if I'll find anything but I'll sure be a lot cooler and having more fun!

Happy 4th!

OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amen to that! In fact I just got my waterproof headphones delivered yesterday and plan on hitting the water here shortly! I don't know if I'll find anything but I'll sure be a lot cooler and having more fun!

Happy 4th!

I found 30 cents a Pepsicola can and a couple of pull tabs, tourists keep asking me if I found anything good, pulled out after about hour just in time some parade people decided to water there horses...:)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And thats just another reason ill sell my other 2, befor I sell the pro

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And thats just another reason ill sell my other 2, befor I sell the pro
Are you sure???? I think once Scotty beams ya up on the Starship Enterprise,and ya hit WARP DRIVE, things might look a little different!:laughing7:

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mcloud,
Have you tried them on land yet?
Do you find them louder or softer
than the stock set?
A lot of people said louder but mine are
way softer in sound..
Pete

Happy 4th!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mcloud,
than the stock set?
way softer in sound..
Pete
Softer,and the iron signal is a little different sounding,but I like them!~:thumbsup:

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Knightsquad,

I didn't get a chance to try mine out yet unfortunately, but as soon as I do I'll let you know how mine sound. Will be good to know if sound quality/volume is consistent with yours.
Is your volume so much lower as to be an issue?

Don

Mcloud,
than the stock set?
way softer in sound..
Pete

Last edited:

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would be able to hear a faint target better with the stock phones
than these Blue ones.. That's why I've been using the stock on land
and will just use the water ones in the water. I will have to test them more though.

I will say that in the water if one side has more water in it lets say then the other side
the volume coming out is different on both sides... Took it all for a good dunkin
yesterday and learned this...
I dont know, not so enthusiastic about them yet.. Time will tell.

Mcclod, even if you dont get them in the water just try em in the yard and
see what you think..
Pete

Hi Knightsquad,

Is your volume so much lower as to be an issue?

Don

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am waiting to hear the feedback on the Grey Ghost; I think I would go with them before the blue ones.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put the cap on and do not use head phones in the creeks. To many lines already with my pro pointer tied off then my mesh recovery bag tied to my waste and my shovel.Sometime I am dragging the kayak along as well The headphone cord was a nightmare. I hear the machine just fine without it. But I hunt the boondocks so sound is no problem. :thumbsup:
HH

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi knightsquad,

I just finally got to try out my waterproof headphones, and they definitely do sound different, I've only tried them on land, sounds seem more muffled to me, it's hard to explain, one thing I did notice when going over bottle caps in my yard was that the "hi low hi" tone of a bottle cap was more easily discernible than through my normal headphones, I don't know why. I used them for a couple days to try to get used to them but the sounds definitely were different and for me, it seemed it would take some getting used the different tones all over again. The low grunt of iron is lower in the waterproof headphones and I think all sounds are basically lower in tone due to the quality of the speakers, and the "containment" of the sound (for lack of a better term) due to waterproofing. They will definitely take some getting used to for me, and I was afraid I might be missing something while using them. I'll have to see how they work in the water for me.

If I find I have trouble with them, I may try the Greyghost headphones, I don't want to give up quality of the sound to the point that I miss targets, I know I've seen people use them with apparently no issues in plenty of youtube video's, like Aquachigger for one, he finds tons of relics and coins with the blue headphones so I imagine it is just a matter of getting used to them and giving them the chance to learn them. They seemed to me that they would require a fair amount of effort on my part to get used to though.

Last edited:

Farwalker

Aug 18, 2011
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Eagle Spectrum/6000-DI Pro-sl/Gold-Stinger/CZ7a/
ML750/Tm808/XLT-E/GTX2500/GB/GB2/Ml-Sov./
CZ3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think one Ground Balance on land & in water would alter the tone? Q. is submitted because have been considering the Garrett. That's why I am jumping in here.(I personally don't know!)

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think one Ground Balance on land & in water would alter the tone? Q. is submitted because have been considering the Garrett. That's why I am jumping in here.(I personally don't know!)

Ground balancing should not affect the sound whether on land or water. Different headphones (land/water) give a different tonal quality. Volume may vary between different headphones also.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread